IGNORED

Handlebar Grips

Oldseadog

I have a '84 and am having an issue with my Kuryakyn ISO grips, and this could have happened to stock grips as well, I'm not sure. During Venture West 2015 I had issues with my clutch, and ended up with the reservoir gasket being damaged and the reservoir leaking. Now the left grip is not very snug on the bars and keeps slipping and rotating while I ride. I honestly don't remember what I used to secure the grip originally, so, I am asking for your advise. What is the best way to secure the grip to the bars? Do you use epoxy? Is there special grip glue? Has the brake fluid ruined the rubber of the grip? :confused24: I look forward to your replies and assistance.

Back before the invent of modern day grip glues I used hair spray for installing new grips, the stuff always worked well. Just clean the bars and internal grip with brake cleaner, let dry, spray internal grip with hair spray, slide it on while the hairspray was damp, let it dry for a few minutes and its glued like a freshly styled hairdo on a cowgirls head in Montana windstorm... :big-grin-emoticon:

SeaPuppy, if that grip came loose as a result of brake fluid leaking on it, I would not be surprised if your gonna need new grips.. Most of the brake fluids coming in contact with rubber parts not designed for brake fluid contact I have ever dealt with end up needing replacement. I would clean it up with brake or carb cleaner before you try anything, glue it back down but dont be surprised if it still gives you future problems..