IGNORED

At the Risk of Sounding Like a Cheapskate.......

Semi-retired

What risk?? It's a known fact!

I'm wondering if any of you have done, or tried to do what I've got in mind by way of Rube Goldberging a pair of inexpensive "prescription goggles".......by buying a pair of cheapy, plain lens ones like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00239X97M/ref=dra_a_rv_mr_hn_it_P1700_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=06cbc6ea87f55dffbe6d8f832b00fe44_S then having your friendly local optician take the lenses out of your old Peter Fonda-esque, aviator, prescription driving glasses (tinted or otherwise) and grind them down to mount in the 8-buck frames!

I GUESS there would be some measuring required......by somebody......somewhere......sometime......but, has anyone ever given this a shot?

Call me cheap......but I NEVER wear these old glasses as they are now.....(although I can see fine with them on the road).....and I DEFINITELY need something to keep the air out of my eyes when cruising at 85.....but I would far sooner spend the $400 on gas than on a pair of scrip goggles.

There's gotta be a way..........doesn't there????

I wear prescription glasses and they are tinted, they get darker when out side doing anything. I also use a modular helmet and with the shield down the glasses do not get dark du to the ultraviolet rays blocked by the shield. The helmet that I use does have a sun shade in it so that helps. When I am doing 85 MPH the shield is down and locked in place, the wind does not bother me at those speeds.

Michael,

At the risk of knowing I'm cheap and sharing that idea.....my suggestion is to look for goggles like those you linked to, but ones that have room for you to wear your glasses at the same time. Done.:biker:

david

That's the ideal solution, I guess.......if I could just "try them on"......virtually........through eBay/Amazon/whatever, to make sure they fit, before ordering, that'd be GREAT!

If only these eyes worked the way they used to, damit!

It's unfortunate that along with getting older and wiser.......we also get blinder and feebler! (Oh, and balder and deafer.......need I go on?@%$^$!!)

When I am doing 85 MPH the shield is down and locked in place, the wind does not bother me at those speeds.

Yeah, thanks, man........and....I know I can't have it both ways......but I've ALWAYS been an open-face guy, so some kinda goggles HAS to be my solution I think!

((we also get blinder and feebler! (Oh, and balder and deafer.......need I go on?@%$^$!!))

Nope...no need. I'm with you.

I would check out the goggles listed below yours...and then check out the Q&A. On your someone did ask if glassed fit underneath....others may do as well. Can't hurt to try...email seller.

Walmart will put prescription lenses in just about ant frame you give them starting at $38 for single vision. I had a bunch of Oakley frames with scratched up crap lenses in them that I brought in and had them install polarized single vision lenses. Cost $78 each for those.

What color is the milk crate on your KLR? :duck:

Get a full face helmet .......

Or, contacts. RR

My wife's sentiments, exactly. But.......I'm not a full-face-fan.

The contacts approach might be worthy of investigation. (as long as they don't end up exceeding the cost of prescription goggles!! :-) )

Thanks, bud.

What I find advantageous about contacts is that I can wear standard sun glasses if I want. Also, since I am an official old fart, I also need readers. With the FF helmet I put one of these stick-on bifocals at the bottom of the faceshield (off center so it isn't in the direct line of sight). Allows me to see the GPS and/or notes in my tank bag window.

On LD rallies, I have used single day wear contacts. Dispose of them each night and put in fresh in the morning.

RR