IGNORED

Thinking about a Clearview Windshield with the vent, anyone know of any deals?

gorski

Hey All

Thinking of biting the bullet and shelling out the cash for the clearview shield, anyone have any insight on the best deal available?? Are they worth it?? Reviews seem to indicate they are

Gorski

Bought one month ago. Its was a slightly blemished, and by that I mean if I didn't tell you and he didn't tell me no one would know but him unless the conditions were absolutely perfect, in which case you would see a handful of pin prick sized micro bubbles scattered throughout the windshield. The windscreen was discounted because of these "blemishes". Just finished a 4500 mile trip over 14 days thru more weather than I care to talk about. Heres what I can tell you. Windscreen was same height as my stock windscreen that was cut down so I could just see over it. The Clearview has noticeably less helmet buffet. I also own one helmet that was particularly noisy.. The wind noise greatly reduced with the Clearview. As for the vent. The airflow is very noticeable thru the vent when opened vs closed. Depending on how you are "clothed" will make a difference on whether you feel the airflow or not. At 90+ deg F, I don't think anything makes much of a difference. On one other note I noticed something on the Clearview that I hadn't noticed before with the stock windscreen. It "flexes" alot, almost to the point of slowly vibrating, especially in gusty conditions at highway speeds. Not noticeable during city driving. Don't know whether that affects its longevity or not but guess I will find out one day. As a side note my wife noted that there was very little to no buffeting for her riding behind me.

Bought one month ago. Its was a slightly blemished, and by that I mean if I didn't tell you and he didn't tell me no one would know but him unless the conditions were absolutely perfect, in which case you would see a handful of pin prick sized micro bubbles scattered throughout the windshield. The windscreen was discounted because of these "blemishes". Just finished a 4500 mile trip over 14 days thru more weather than I care to talk about. Heres what I can tell you. Windscreen was same height as my stock windscreen that was cut down so I could just see over it. The Clearview has noticeably less helmet buffet. I also own one helmet that was particularly noisy.. The wind noise greatly reduced with the Clearview. As for the vent. The airflow is very noticeable thru the vent when opened vs closed. Depending on how you are "clothed" will make a difference on whether you feel the airflow or not. At 90+ deg F, I don't think anything makes much of a difference. On one other note I noticed something on the Clearview that I hadn't noticed before with the stock windscreen. It "flexes" alot, almost to the point of slowly vibrating, especially in gusty conditions at highway speeds. Not noticeable during city driving. Don't know whether that affects its longevity or not but guess I will find out one day. As a side note my wife noted that there was very little to no buffeting for her riding behind me.

On your windshield what is the height of the clearveiw, I have a stock one on my 2002 that I can see over. I thought the only way to get rid of the buffeting was to go with the higher ones, if you can still see over one and get rid of the buffeting then that is really worth looking into. Thanks for the post.

Mike

Thanks for the replies, I am using a stock shield now and look through it, and am going to go with the same in the clearview, I like the idea of the vent. Gonna call and ask about the blem units they have

Mine is an extra large 22". My OEM windscreen was trimmed to the same height a few years back. I am 6' 1". My eye level just over the top. On their website they tell you how to measure. The Clearview decreases buffeting compared to OEM because of its profile. Its has a slight recurve profile that is ever so slight near the top of the windscreen. That recurve tends to bump the air up and inch or so higher before it starts to move rearward.

Is there any distortion on the outside edges. I used to ride with a guy that bought an aftermarket windshield for his GW that had a 1" bend on the outside edge that caused distortion when looking through that part of the windshield. He said it was very distracting. I also thought he said it was from Clearview.