IGNORED

Update on the scheduled paint job for my '99 RSV....

YamahaLarry

Some of you may recall me posting a few weeks ago that NAPA has agreed to supply all the paint and supplies required to repaint my bike in honor of a sweet little 6 year old princess that passed away last year with childhood cancer.

I hate to turn NAPA down, but someone else came on the scene with even a more incredible offer. Sometimes you just get plain lucky, and for the first time in many many years, I just got plain lucky. Friday night, I was DANCING!!!

Last Friday evening, I received a phone call from a paint sales representative in this area that wants to handle the entire process, prep work. painting and supplying all the paint/supplies all the way down to the pinstripes. He has his own paint booth and at his residence and does this as a side line in between selling paint supplies for folks like House of Kolor and 2 or the others.

I could hardly believe it. Speechless I say. I have spoken to him once since and everything is a go. However, I told him that I had a few minor body repairs that I wanted to handle myself before taking all the parts to him (dime size dent in tank, cracked lower left front, small crack in bottom of trunk).

I have already given him my color and we are discussing what base coats to use for the color effects I would like. The candy color I have chosen is below. This little girls favorite colors were pink and purple, so I selected a color in between (can't get the 2004 Honda Kelly Magenta Candy that I really wanted for free). There will be a memorial to Emma on the trunk lid and I have some special graphics I want to do concerning super heroes and childhood cancer.

I will post some progress pics later and of course the final product. I have a charity bike ride Sunday and will begin tearing her down on Monday. Bike must be ready in time for the 2nd annual ride in honor of this little girl, and I will be unveiling the bike to show the family on the morning of the ride.

Anyone close to Moody, AL (20 miles east of Bham) is invited (actually encouraged) to come out and ride with us on August 22nd in the "2nd Annual Princess Emma Bike Ride for Childhood Cancer". Kickstands up at 9:30 AM at Jack's in Moody and will take a 120+ mile scenic ride to Munford, AL (hometown of Princess Emma Mitchell).

House of Kolor, Kandy Koncentrate, KK17 - Violette

kk17violette.jpg