IGNORED

factory mufflers wanted

Guest erock1

Guest erock1

I am looking for a nice pair of factory muffler take-offs from a Gen II venture, or even a Tour Deluxe, if they are the same thing. Would anybody have a pair lying around the garage they would be willing to part with ?? Thanks.

Guest erock1
Got a pair of great sounding Indian Chieftian mufflers for sale here in the classified ads. They will fit and they are new take-offs.

I've been listening to as many sound clips as I can find to explore options, and personally I REALLY like the sound of the factory mufflers after the "modification" process (sounds like a healthy small-block V-8). The only thing I could find close to it, based on sound clips, and a more expensive option are the Monster Ovals. I want to have one set (mine) to keep when I prefer quiet rides, and the second set for "those other times", when the Mrs.. isn't riding along.... You don't happen to know of any sound clips available for the Chieftan mufflers mounted up do you ?? The only reviews I can locate on them was as installed on the Indian bike, and the article stated that it was too loud for all day riding. Obviously that is a subjective call, but it's all I have to go on for now. Any opinions/comments ??

Eric,

Sounds like the quiet side would be a pair of HD mufflers. Any Road King type works well. Slightly louder than stock with a deeper rumble. No problem at all at high speed....

You will have to make a brace for the rear end to hold it up then a spacer to connect the stock header pipe to the RK muffler. Easy to do though....Sorry, I don't ahve an audio file....