IGNORED

NC sharks

BlueSky

You have heard about all the shark bites along the NC coast recently. Here is a video of sharks feeding along the coast. We went to the pier at Kure Beach Saturday to see if anybody was catching fish and we saw a half dozen sharks from the pier ranging from about 5' to 7'.

Cool video. From the title I was expecting a shot of some lawyers on the beach. :yikes:

There was some video from Discovery's shark week that showed from a airplane's view, thousands of migrating sharks just off the coast (beach) of Florida ( if I recall correctly) and the people were on the beach oblivious as to what was just under the surface a little ways out.

Sharks.jpg

Found the video:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=shark+weeks+video+of+sharks+from+plane&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Edited by KIC

Yeah, the "Experts" are saying more people are being bitten now because more people are in the water. That is total BS. Something strange is going on this year off the coast of NC. I have been on fishing piers hundreds of times in my life and last Saturday was the first time I ever saw a shark. 8 people have been bitten so far this year off our coast and that is WAY above normal. My wife and I drive out on Ft. Fisher beach, a 4 mile stretch of beach in the park where they allow 4x4s on the beach and go surf fishing. The last couple of times we caught almost all baby sharks. Never happened before. Since they have been biting people this year, I've stopped throwing them back in the water. Too bad they aren't good to eat, although some people do eat them.