IGNORED

BOOYAH!!! Just got a phone call from a NAPA sales representative.

YamahaLarry

It seems that NAPA is going to donate the paint, reducer, catalyst and clear coat for me to repaint my bike for childhood cancer patient support!

The guy calls me and tells me who he is. Comes to find out, it was a guy that I took to an Auburn/Alabama Iron Bowl game as a guest in 2003, all on my dime, tailgating, tickets, etc. He was friends with my brother the mechanic, and still is, and a NAPA sales rep. My brother told him this morning about what I was doing for childhood cancer, and he has taken on the task of helping me out.

Made my day for sure, and especially getting to get to tell yet another person my story concerning these children.

I guess I need to begin driving on past Autozone, Advance and O'Reily's to get to NAPA to buy all my parts in the future.

Glad they stepped up for you. Would like to see pics of the finished product.

Did you look into the stripe stripper I mentioned? I'd be concerned about using it on ABS but it might give you some ideas.

I went to the webpage and looked at it and may get it. If nothing else, I can at least use it after i get thru the clear coat. I know I will have a lot of prepping and touchup to do before I can apply the candy coat (just hoping my darker gray on the '99 RSV will look ok with the candy).

I have 1 crack in my front left lower ABS to repair, a small dime size dent in gas tank, a few other scratches and a crack in the bottom of my trunk.

Plan is to get spray cans of OEM colors and test on scrap metal before actually shooting the bike parts.

I will also have pinstriping on the new paint, but it will be paint an not vinly, and it too will be under the clear coat.

Edited by YamahaLarry