IGNORED

disappointed in my self

Chaharly

Great start!!! I rode from Sturgis to home in west Texas last year- 964 miles in 17.5 hours. Thought about --but did not go the extra 36 miles to make the 1000 mile iron butt mark. I was ready to climb off that bike. I guess I don't need to prove to myself , like I used to think I had too. So point being...you had a safe , great , long ride. Saddle sore or not, you have fun. No disappointments, only great memories.

Bill

I wanted to do a saddlesore ride and I only got 756 miles in :(

Just found this post Cha,, so,, any remarks as to what caused the mile shortage?? Wait a minute,, you didnt say Iron Butt ride (thats the thousand mile one aint it?),, whats the Saddlesore one,, were you short on miles for it?? Was it some kind of an official ride?? Was your butt sore at all so you were still successful??

On another note,, you do realise that this year at Sturgis we are planning the first ever (but soon to be annual) BJ's Pie Butt ride don't you? That ride consist of 26.2 miles - according to its originator = @bj66 with PIE at the end of the ride.. If things go well maybe we can recognize you as a Master Pie Butt Rider, by doing a little math (756/26.2 = 28.85 Pie Butt Rides) you will now only have to eat 28.85 pies to qualify for this position.. :thumbsup:

By the way,, good job on racking up some awesome miles, hope every one of them were OUTSTANDING my friend!! :thumbsup:

Now figure a good day in the saddle, no highways, from Elizabeth NJ to woodbine Georgia in 22.48 hours, most if it in rain. Milage I didn't care, good ride yes and I was pulling my trailer ( did stop in Dismal swamp state park for 3 hours to nap, but got up and kept going. ( 366+566 )

Edited by Brake Pad

See now we hijacked this thread about feeling disappointed and turned it into a thread about PIE. Don't you feel better already?:fatsmiley:

Yep, no doubt about it @Flyinfool,, pie has a way of turning even the grayest of days into pure sunshine!! Sorry for hijacking your thread @Chaharly, still wanting to hear more about your 756 mile ride brother..

Just found this post Cha,, so,, any remarks as to what caused the mile shortage?? Wait a minute,, you didnt say Iron Butt ride (thats the thousand mile one aint it?),, whats the Saddlesore one,, were you short on miles for it?? Was it some kind of an official ride?? Was your butt sore at all so you were still successful??

On another note,, you do realise that this year at Sturgis we are planning the first ever (but soon to be annual) BJ's Pie Butt ride don't you? That ride consist of 26.2 miles - according to its originator = @bj66 with PIE at the end of the ride.. If things go well maybe we can recognize you as a Master Pie Butt Rider, by doing a little math (756/26.2 = 28.85 Pie Butt Rides) you will now only have to eat 28.85 pies to qualify for this position.. :thumbsup:

By the way,, good job on racking up some awesome miles, hope every one of them were OUTSTANDING my friend!! :thumbsup:

Pie Butt Riders official bylaws (They are official since I make them up as I go) state that any one person who rides 755 miles or more at one time, doesn't have to eat the pie crust if he/she doesn't want to. Also we go by the honor system, you don't need receipts to verify distance. We are a strict bunch!

Only, I can't have pie!

Pie Butt Riders official bylaws (They are official since I make them up as I go) state that any one person who rides 755 miles or more at one time, doesn't have to eat the pie crust if he/she doesn't want to. Also we go by the honor system, you don't need receipts to verify distance. We are a strict bunch!

Great start!!! I rode from Sturgis to home in west Texas last year- 964 miles in 17.5 hours. Thought about --but did not go the extra 36 miles to make the 1000 mile iron butt mark. I was ready to climb off that bike. I guess I don't need to prove to myself , like I used to think I had too. So point being...you had a safe , great , long ride. Saddle sore or not, you have fun. No disappointments, only great memories.

Bill

Now you guys know I don't mind my threads getting hi-jacked. Its my fault anyways, if I was ever online to take over a post I'd hijack them right back!:cool10:

But it was the day before the last day on my west coast trip to California. I left Lovelock Nevada at 5 AM and didn't stop til 8 or so 10 miles north of Saratoga Wyoming. I credit my not doing the saddlesore (or iron butt, I looked it up online and I think the association is the Iron Butt Association and the actual 1000 miles is the saddle sore?:confused24:) to three things.

1. I was heading east so I was losing hours and daylight as I went.

2. Being that the old girl who's 5 years older than me took me all the way to the coast I figured I'd baby her since she babied me so well, so I only went an indicated 70mph on the freeway. It was hot as the dickens and I felt safer and a little more responsible cruising at 70, because its technically 65mph.

3. I saw about 60 antelope through Wyoming by the time the sun was setting so I decided that I wasn't going to break my "don't ride after dark" rule. I just don't feel comfortable riding at night, especially with such a nice old bike that ran so flawlessly the whole time.

I wasn't counting miles that day, or pushing hard. Just enjoying a nice long ride. I stopped pretty frequently out in the desert, pretty much wherever I could find shade and took plenty of rests. But it was an amazing trip my only regret was having to come back. I was super surprised with how friendly people were out in Utah and NV and California. People held doors for me in Reno and everyone was just very nice.

I got to see a lot of things that I'd never seen before and I got to do a lot I hadn't done too. I saw a black bear, Sand Mountain on highway 50 in Nevada. I got to see the High tundra in the rocky mountain national park. I got to see the ocean which was one of my favorite parts. While I was riding through some salt flats in Nevada I got the wise Idea to just drive through the ditch onto the flat and cruise around. They had gotten a lot of moisture at that time so the surface had big deep cracks in it from the mud drying. So I only got to go 60 on it and that was probably too fast. You should've seen the look on this Harley rider gave me when he passed by. I gave him a big old cheesy smile and drove right back up the ditch and onto the road and headed his direction. I've also never almost gone to a "rave" before. They were having a big camp party at a camp ground in Humbolt Campgrounds State Park. There were a couple hundred or more people there with fires and glow sticks and running around. Safe to say what happens in Cali stays in Cali :2132:

I saw a good friend in Reno and her boyfriend. We all went to a local brewery and got tanked and walked home across Reno at night. Like I said, I'm very impressed with Reno, its probably more friendly than Norfolk here. They let me stay the night and I fell asleep during a game of cards. Something about riding apparently makes me pretty worn out.

I stopped at arches national park and wasted a large number of hours there. I also kind of got the Venture stuck on a 4x4 road :8: a few minutes of rocking and I worked her right out of it!:amen: I camped in Moab Utah and fell in love with that place. I will definitely visit there again, multiple times! I ate at a steakhouse that sat you outside and I heard myself give a moan because I was hot and wanted some A/C but the trick is that at these places there they spray a nice light mist on you, and since its so arid, it cools you off almost instantly. I ordered a buffalo burger and a big glass of Mt. Dew along with a BIIIIG glass of Ice water.

Have any of you guys ever taken Highway 50 aka "The Loneliest Highway in America"? What did you think of it?

1.jpg9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg11698513_478027159029218_7152734801646163329_n.jpg3.jpg2.jpg10.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg23.jpg24.jpg25.jpg26.jpg27.jpg10404854_471832619648672_3200065313837084407_n.jpg29.jpg16.jpg15.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg30.jpg

You said pictures I bring pictures

not many

31.jpg

32.jpg