IGNORED

Thinking about the International.........

BigLenny

This is not the year that my wife and I will be taking an extended bike vacation. I've had two surgeries in the past 5 weeks, and in August my wife is going to be having a serious surgery that is going to require her to be off work for 8 weeks. So, our work vacation time is going to be mostly used up with health stuff.

However, for the last couple days or so, I've been tossing the idea around of riding up to the St Joseph area on the Saturday before the International Rally and hanging around through Monday night to get to meet as many folks from the forum as I can. I would ride back to Little Rock on Tuesday. I have been on this site since 2008 and I've never met face to face with any of the fine folks we have here. It's just a thought right now. If I do, I'll be sure to pay my registration fee and buy some raffle tickets before hand.

Just letting anyone who might be going know whats rattling around in my brain.

Wait, I just remembered; I have met someone form the forum. About a year ago Venture Far stopped by and he and I went to dinner and had a great visit. Neil is a cool cat.

There is a word in the Dictionary that describes what you will become if you pursue the path you are talking about Lenny,,, lets see here,, oh yea - here it is,,, ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEE BE WARNED:thumbsup:

AND INDEED,, THAT @VentureFar IS FOR SURE - ONE COOL CAT!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

There is a word in the Dictionary that describes what you will become if you pursue the path you are talking about Lenny,,, lets see here,, oh yea - here it is,,, ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEE BE WARNED:thumbsup:

AND INDEED,, THAT @VentureFar IS FOR SURE - ONE COOL CAT!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Nope!! Icould leave anytime I wanted!! I do it about a dozen times a day!!!:Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot::smash2:

Hey Big Lenny thanks for the shout out.

I really enjoyed our visit. Your wife if delightful and she will be in my prayes for a quick recovery. Please tell her hi from the "unexpected" guest you brought home. 😎

This is not the year that my wife and I will be taking an extended bike vacation. I've had two surgeries in the past 5 weeks, and in August my wife is going to be having a serious surgery that is going to require her to be off work for 8 weeks. So, our work vacation time is going to be mostly used up with health stuff.

However, for the last couple days or so, I've been tossing the idea around of riding up to the St Joseph area on the Saturday before the International Rally and hanging around through Monday night to get to meet as many folks from the forum as I can. I would ride back to Little Rock on Tuesday. I have been on this site since 2008 and I've never met face to face with any of the fine folks we have here. It's just a thought right now. If I do, I'll be sure to pay my registration fee and buy some raffle tickets before hand.

Just letting anyone who might be going know whats rattling around in my brain.

Wait, I just remembered; I have met someone form the forum. About a year ago Venture Far stopped by and he and I went to dinner and had a great visit. Neil is a cool cat.

Hope you decide to ride down..... come meet the Aussies, and the strange guy from Iceland ???????

That,s not down, that's up, he would have to ride up to the international. Guess that happens when you spend most of your life hanging upside down on the bottom of the world.....:rasberry:,:duck::stirthepot:

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, I booked my room at the Comfort Suites for Sunday night and Monday night. So, I'm planning on making it up there to meet as many of ya as I can Monday and Monday night. Hafta head back Tuesday morning early. Wish I could stay the whole week, but as I stated above, this isn't the year for excess vacation days due to surgeries.

Now, I gotta make up my mind if I'm gonna ride my bike, or drive my truck. Lemme see here: ride the bike wearing riding jeans, riding jacket, boots, full face helmet through 100+ degree temps, oooorrrr, drive my F150 crew cab with the a/c blasting while wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt. Hmmmm. Not sure yet. The next 9 days here in Arkansas are forecasted to be over 100 degrees actual temperatures. Only a week and a half out since my last surgery, Gotta be a little careful yet.

See y'all there!

Sorry bout that Bongo. Lol. Didn't mean to take a jab at ya. You have a good reason coming from way up in NY. I'm only talking about me trailering 400 miles. That's such a short distance, it just feels weird for me to trailer.

Well, I've decided I'm gonna trailer it. Two reasons. 1. I still don't have all of my stamina back from the two kidney surgeries I've had, and that makes me a tad concerned about riding 7 hours each way in these high temps. 2. Something that has developed today; I have to meet with a customer Tuesday on my way back, and I have to look the part. It is a large university, and they wouldn't be keen to me showing up on a motorcycle hot and sweaty from riding.

I'm coming up Sunday, and as soon as I get to the hotel I'm gonna yank the bike off of the trailer and ride across the Mississippi to Illinois so I can check that state off on my ride map.

See y'all then.