IGNORED

radio swap

Guest erock1

Guest erock1

I was wondering if anyone had researched the possibility of doing a radio swap with an aftermarket car stereo ?? How much work might be involved with this ?? I didn't find anything in past forums that address this idea. It would be SWEET to be able to tuck one away behind the current cassette door of my Midnight Venture. Kinda like a "marine-look" in that regard. Just tossing an idea around. Any ideas ?? Thanks.

If you can find a radio that would fit the case of the tape deck, it could be done but WHY. With all the other stuff available, XM, MP3 why tear things apart to do the install.

Yea I was wondering too. Unless the OEM crapped out. But still with the wireless and blutooth options available if you ditched all the outdated radio gear CB, CD player radio, cassette you could toss 100lb and be lighter. OK so maybe 30lb

Guest erock1

Good points mentioned there guys. Thanks. I was just kicking around some options. I appreciate your inputs as always !

Seriously though if you want to stay with an auto type radio there are so many jobs out there now that would probably fit. In my experience the radio reception is pretty bad. Dont matter if its a RSV the Kawi Voyager guys complain about those too. The range just aint that good. So almost everyone traveling is going XM or MP3 or using their phone for Pandora or the like. Look at a lot of the new bike like the Victory Cross country bikes I dont even think they have a radio option anymore. It is ll bluetooth comm and i-pod. Just makes sense I guess when you get right down to it.