IGNORED

Any interest in this if I make it?

M61A1MECH

Had a request from Gator Cliff over on the Delphi forum to build an extension cable for his head light harness on his Gen II Royal Star Venture. He did not want to cut into or splice the harness on the bike to install a HID or LED headlight he was thinking about getting. He was not sure he would like it so even more reason not to hack into the harness, should he decide to take it out he would just plug the stock set up back in.

So I was able to find the male connector to plug into his harness. I made him a 12" long harness, now he can dable away with out risking damage to his bike's harness.

Something like that would go for $13.00 delivered to the lower 48, add $5.00 to get it to Canada.

Expanding on that I am tinking maybe a break out T harness ,like the one I make for the rear lighting would have value also. If you wanted to add a set of fog lights or running lights and wanted them controlled by the head light, you could use the T out of the harness to power a relay that would turn the added lights on or off , with say the low beams or the high beams.

That a set up would go for $17.00 delivered to the lower 48 and $5.00 more to get it to Canada.

Just a thought I had.

I am happy to make them, but would like to see if here is sufficient interest to warrent buying a bunch of parts.

Let me know what you think, or steal the idea and make your own.

If you want one let me know I can have the parts in a few days after the order.

Thanks for considering this idea.

Steve, it would work on more than the RSV rite. Any bike with the same headlight connector, the H4. I had to build a connector simular to what you are talking about when I ran the headlight modulator.

I have bought harnesses from Steve and he makes a great product and is a super nice guy. I would order a set of the new harness Steve (the expanding one) without a doubt.

What I would like to see from you Power Wizards is a harness for the rear lights/lightbar that makes the turn signal light in the lightbar blink when you have the brake lights on. Don´t know if this has or can be done but the brake overrides the turn signal in the light bar when for example stopped at a red light waiting to turn. Would like the turn signal side to blink and the other side to stay on as a brake light.

Can this be done ?

What I would like to see from you Power Wizards is a harness for the rear lights/lightbar that makes the turn signal light in the lightbar blink when you have the brake lights on. Don´t know if this has or can be done but the brake overrides the turn signal in the light bar when for example stopped at a red light waiting to turn. Would like the turn signal side to blink and the other side to stay on as a brake light.

Can this be done ?

Jonas, I had a little think about this request, I think if you were to remove the diodes I put into the harness that feed the light bar, and instead installed a 5 wire to 4 wire converter like would be used for wiring a trailer for a bike, you would get the effect you are looking for.

Maybe some one that has a 5 to 4 wire converter can confirm that if a turn signal is on it will still flash on their trailers when they have the brake applied.

Yeah, that is why I was asking, I am thinking Gator Cliff does not have one picked out yet and is expecting whatever he gets will not to be plug and play. I never did look into the HIDs when I had my Venture, so I was not sure what was out there.

Thanks for the feed back.