IGNORED

ctfw

10spd

In short, CTFW is the act of riding a motorcycle for hours and hours, miles and miles with no GPS, no compass, going no where but going everywhere, relentless pursuit of motorcycling adventure with no fear of and, instead, anticipating what lies ahead with great joy.. In a nutshell, it is freedom on steriods.

The term "CTFW" is an acronym for Chasing The Front Wheel. Chasing The Front Wheel was actually coined by @yammerDan - one of my hero's. He (Dan) has been a CTFWer (among other things) for many many years and I am honored to know him and was honored to use his off beat lingo in that little ride story that SilvrT linked this to. It is members like Yammer Dan (and lots of others just like him) who make VR the greatest cross country touring site available on the web today!! :thumbsup:

I have seen this twice in other posts. maybe I am not that smart. But what does CTFW mean? :thumbsup2:

Well 10spd, I had a very very dear friend of mine contact me and humbly correct my version of the origin of Chasing The Front Wheel.. It seems that I was wrong in my assumption of the very beginning of this phenomenon.. It appears that another one of our members, one Mr. @FlyingFool himself may actually be the originator of this feat.. If you would go back and read this post like I did - I just bet you will have to agree with me:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?68742-I-had-a-runaway-front-tire

Kinda puts CTFWing in a whole different new perspective:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::banana::banana::banana:

That Fool, he is one of my hero's too and my comment about the "others" who make VR the greatest cross country touring site on the web was directly inclusive of that lop eared varmint,, so I wasnt completely wrong in my original comment (I always try to leave room for covering my own butt :stickpoke:)!!!