IGNORED

Trying to run GPS through system in order to use IPhone

gorski

Hey All,

I have picked up a mic splitter cable from EdSets, Ed is a great guy to talk to and deal with btw, I have connected it inline via the aux line and plugged into my Garmin Streetpilot c550. I get nothing through the helmet. I use a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter and plug it into my Iphone and I can make calls on the phone with the bike turned on BUT not running. When I start the bike there is terrible background/wind sounding noise on the receiving end of the call. Today when I rode I am hearing a clicking type sound through the system like the old time radio noise back in the day with nothing hooked into the new cable from Ed. Any thoughts?? Am I missing something on how to hook up the GPS...Driving me knuts

Thanks

Sounds like you need to figure out if the intercom is working...providing the background noise you are hearing. Or...is the noise suppression on the iphone weak or non-existent due to the mic input to the iphone? I know you may not think about the input to the iphone, but most phones do use the same jack for earphones and mic/earphones depending upon what's plugged in. You could be triggering the iphone mic in....feeding that noise back into the intercom/ausio circuits...creating noise and very low volume to the system.

The crackling noise with nothing plugged in is probably the intercom amp thinking there is something there and trying to find it. Could also be bike electrical noise in the circuit with the circuit not loaded. Lots of issues can be at play here...or just one simple thing creating the problems.

??

david

Phone connection is via bluetooth. The GPS has a 2.5 mm jack that feeds the mic. Now I will say I have not tried mine without the phone its self plugged in to the aux input to listen to pandora. So possibly with the jack plugged in forthat somehow it buggers the thing up.