IGNORED

Will be riding dragon at the end of May, and need to ditch the lowering kit...

YamahaLarry

My '99 RSV has a lowering kit installed by the previous owner. I do a lot of charity bike rides and am forever putting some metal on the pavement and really don't like or need that lowering kit.

My question is this, when you install the lowering kit, does the original caliper mounting bracket get removed? I didn't bother to look last time I had the right side bag off the bike, and figured it was easier to ask you guys instead of removing the bag when I get home tonight.

I am looking on eBay at factory dogbones and caliper mounting bracket and don't really want to order something I don't need.

Edited by YamahaLarry

You can just change back to the original height dog bones and leave the caliper in the lower position. This would give you the option of either setting. I prefer lowering both front and back which levels the bike for better low speed handling characteristics. Also, leveling your bike stops scraping your mufflers. These bikes are too tall in the saddle and top heavy anyway. Most people who lower both front and back never go back to the original height.

Edited by WildBill1

You can just change back to the original height dog bones and leave the caliper in the lower position. This would give you the option of either setting. I prefer lowering both front and back which levels the bike for better low speed handling characteristics. Also, leveling your bike stops scraping your mufflers. These bikes are too tall in the saddle and top heavy anyway. Most people who lower both front and back never go back to the original height.

I knew I came to the right place. :) My main issue with the bike is the rubbing in sharp turns, and I ride 1 up 99% of the time. I imagine if I ever ride 2 up in one of these rides, it would be worse. If I find the bike heavier in the slow turns at stock height, I may try lowering both. Thanks!

My '99 RSV has a lowering kit installed by the previous owner. I do a lot of charity bike rides and am forever putting some metal on the pavement and really don't like or need that lowering kit.

My question is this, when you install the lowering kit, does the original caliper mounting bracket get removed? I didn't bother to look last time I had the right side bag off the bike, and figured it was easier to ask you guys instead of removing the bag when I get home tonight.

I am looking on eBay at factory dogbones and caliper mounting bracket and don't really want to order something I don't need.

I had the barons lowering kit on mine and went to Vogel and from there we did the dragon, without any issues, despite the lowering kit...