IGNORED

Two Bad Boy Horns from Harbor Freight--Increased safety

lanster

• 10 months later...

It makes me wonder just how many horns can you mount before you start to have diminished battery power. After all it is 12 volts not unlimited. Keeping the stock electric horn in addition to dual mini compressors for the two air horns makes me think it could drop power enough that now the air horns are supplied with less power and don't blow as loud? Even two horns have to split the power. Headlight and other things are also draining power. I don't know the answer but interested in what someone with more electrical knowledge that I might think.

I am not an electrician by any means but I do know that two Stebel air horns and a set of trumpet air horns do not drain the battery. Well I guess they could if and I mean a big if one would lay on the horns for a long period they may drain the battery. Oh yeah I have two electric horns under my front fairing also and I have not had a problem.

You could probably mount a dozen Bad Boys on your bike and as long as they are powered from the battery through relays, they will each have full power to work with. Granted for the few seconds that the horns are blowing you might put a slight drain on the battery, but it would be less than the drain of starting the engine and the charging system will bring it right back up.

Hmmmmmmm.......

Where to mount a dozen Bad Boys...............................:whistling:

I was not talking about running the battery down, just lowering the voltage enough so that it does not power the horns to the max. Prob no reduction in sound for two or three but I would think at some point you can have too many and a single battery can't power them all to the max volume. But I've been wrong before LOL.