IGNORED

New custom carb covers - taking orders !!!!!

StarFan

Greetings fellow members :)

I have finally reached an agreement with the producer here in Iceland for the custom Chrome (mirror Steel) Carb covers that also close up that ugly gap between the cylinders. Now I have thought about this for a while regarding if I should offer these with the lights readily installed or without them (see pictures in earlier thread: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?100452-New-custom-carb-cover-chrome-finally-done-! ). After calculating the costs for importing the lights to Iceland and pay custom fees I have come to the conclusion that it will be much more expensive to go that way. There are all kinds of lights out there and I think that it is a better idea that those of you who might want to put these covers on your bikes can just choose the lights you would want or/and any decoration, and also that way we will not all have the same setup - More fun in my eyes. On the other hand if somebody insists to have these lights with the covers I will of cause do it but you can do it yourself for half the price and save at least $15. Someone asked me if I could skip cutting out the Yamaha fork logo but to put things straight then this is not a cut out thing. This is simply a 3D sticker I found on eBay.

So to get the manufacturer to get going I need at least 10 firm orders. Here are the prices for the set and also what is included:

1. 4 pcs. specially made spacers: $8,77

2. 4 pcs. bolts: $5,23

3. 1 pair of covers: $173

Item Price: $187

Shipping to USA / Canada: $36

Total with shipping: 223 US$

Shipping is calculated by Iceland Post Web site. If I can cut the shipping down then that is what you pay. If it is higher then I will cover it - I hate shipping prices !!!

So lets see if we get 10 orders :) to get this on the road.

Be safe,

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Cylinder%20Chrome/SAM_3014_zps3tk4l5bh.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Cylinder%20Chrome/SAM_3012_zpsiyxoyww9.jpg

There is nothing cut into the cover. Only boltholes and cutouts for choke knob, idle adjustment screw and fuel hose. The Yamaha Emblem is a 3D sticker that you can put anywhere you like. These sticker can be bought on eBay but I have a few extra and can supply you with one if you like. The light on the other hand I would strongly advice you to get yourself if you want to have a light. If I supply it I have to import it to Iceland first and pay custom fees and so forth. Would be more than double price or around 30 US$. You can get it on eBay for $10 and they have free shipping to USA.

Greetings.

Here is current status of order list.

1. Bongobobny

2. Dueyk111

3. Slowrollwv

4. BigTom

5. Freebird

6. Rookie725

Four to go and production will start :) Will also list on eBay if I do not get enough orders by the end of next week - so production will happen !! :)

Hope to be able to ship out by May 4th. Do expect though a week from there. No payments until I have finalized product in hand. I will send payment info when that happens.

Friendly regards, Jonas / StarFan

• 2 weeks later...
There is nothing cut into the cover. Only boltholes and cutouts for choke knob, idle adjustment screw and fuel hose. The Yamaha Emblem is a 3D sticker that you can put anywhere you like. These sticker can be bought on eBay but I have a few extra and can supply you with one if you like. The light on the other hand I would strongly advice you to get yourself if you want to have a light. If I supply it I have to import it to Iceland first and pay custom fees and so forth. Would be more than double price or around 30 US$. You can get it on eBay for $10 and they have free shipping to USA.

Where did you get the light please be specific with the ebay posting if you can

Thanks

Bubber

Where did you get the light please be specific with the ebay posting if you can

Thanks

Bubber

The lights I got on eBay. Here is a Item number: 251943096915 Just put the number in the search tab and it will take you to the item page. The seller is Optimal-products. You can visit his eBay store and see all the options he has since these lights come in different designs. They also have all kinds of other Yamaha lighting.

Note though, like stated before, that these are open on the front. I had a glass maker cut out a round glass that I installed and fastened with silicone to make the light weather proof.

Hope this helps Bubber.

Friendly regards, Jonas / StarFan