IGNORED

Works Shock

Rick Haywood

The Hagon USA heavy duty shock is also $516 delivered. That is what I have and I am very happy with it.

Many people also have the Works Performance shock and say they are happy with them also.

When I bought mine... Hagon was only $485 delivered and Works was like $799. I think what has happened is Works realized they have some competition and lowered their price to remain competitive. See... free market does work. ;)

I think either Works or Hagon would serve you just fine and that price is NOW inline with Hagon.

I thought Eddie payed around $480 for a Hagon. Either shock from what I have read is quality product.

The Standard Duty shock is $480, the uprated spring and custom setup Heavy Duty is $520 from Hagon. I'm 250lb usually loaded or two-up and ride a "brisk" pace, so far no complaints on the HD shock.

My understanding is Hagon's are factory rebuild-able with a 2yr warranty where as Works has rebuild kits available for purchase.

I got a hagon, set up for me. It was a couple hundred cheaper at the time. No complaints...what a difference in the ride and handleing over a worn out leaking factory shock. I have only heard good feedback on both companies. I am sure you will like the new setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering from those of you who have ordered new shocks. Who did you contact for the works shock? I found the hagon number in the other post found mine leaking today doing the oil change only 28000 miles time to replace. Is both shocks about the same price? Rick which one did you get and do you like it? Thanks joe

Here is what I ended up with. I got the heavu duty one set for 2 up and 30 pounds of gear. So far I love it.

Hi Rick,

Our part number M62097 replaces your Yamaha Royal Star Venture shock. We have two available.

The first is our standard build for $439.00 for riders who weigh 165lbs - 240 lbs. and ride solo most of the time.

The second is our special build with a heavier spring and damping. It is designed for heavier riders, those who tour or ride two-up a majority of the time. It sells for $516.00

Our Hagon monoshock has an adjustment for preload as well as compression and rebound damping linked on a single adjuster.

It comes complete with all tools for adjustment and fitting instructions.

The Hagon shock is guaranteed for 2 years and is fully rebuildable.

We provide free ground shipping within the U.S.

To order, we would require your full address, contact telephone number and payment details. We accept all major credit/ debit cards.

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Christina

Hagon Shocks, LLC

1788 La Costa Meadows Drive

Suite 101

San Marcos, CA 92078

760.510.2758 fax

hagonshocks@yahoo.com

http://www.hagonshocksusa.com

I ordered mine on Thursday night and it arrived from California Tuesday Morning. The shock comes preloaded they way it should be for the weight you tell them and if you ride two up most the time. I weigh 250 and my shinny wife tips the scales at a whopping 118 pounds. The shock also can be adjusted for preload and dampening. They way they set mine so far is perfect. Took me about 45 minutes to change with the help of my wife's skinny hands helping to put the top bolt in. I'd call and talk to them and tell them how you ride and the weight the bike carries and they will fix you up. MikeAliasMike on the board bought one the sme time I did but he got the regular one and he loves it too.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to get some miles on bike solo and 2 up before posting review on Hagon shock. 400 miles later and I love it. Wife says smoother than air shock over bumps (she hasn't ridden much lately to remember anyways :) ) handling is about the same as new. Straight forward install. Would buy same brand again for the dollars. (Approx 450)

This might be an unfair question..... I still have a stock shock (1999 with approx. 39K miles) that's working fine and not leaking. We usually ride two-up (240 pounds + 125 pounds + some gear), usually have about 35-40 PSI in rear shock. Would it be worthwhile replacing it with a Hagon? Or wait till the stock one starts leaking? Would it make that much of a difference in the ride and handling?

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure a heavy duty new shock will ride great. But is it that much better than the functioning OEM shock?

Got to say the service from hagon was great, Not a bad install so far I am very happy with the hagon didn't realize how bad the other shock was till I rode with the new one. Definitely added about a half inch to inch on seat height.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Hoping someone is still following this thread!

I just noticed this weekend that my rear shock is leaking fluid, but still holding air. '06 RSV with 33000 KM. Looking for an opinion... I've got a 3000 KM solo ride coming up in about 3 weeks, so timelines are getting tight. Since the shock is still holding air, should I rush to get this shock replaced before the ride, or worry about it after the ride? Delivery times to my neck of the woods in the "far end" of Canada can be tough, so I'd likely not see a replacement for 2 weeks. Any opinions??

Since I'm working "back there", the Previous Previous owner lowered the bike in the rear. I've been thinking about going back to stock height, since I don't really need the lowering. Is there anything that likely would have been replaced other than the original "arm 1" (4XY-2217M-00-00 from the 1999 parts manual).

When my shock went out it still held air but it was like riding a pogo stick down the road. If yours goes out on your trip it could cause an accident. As for the lowering kit you will have to get a set of stock dog bones to raise it back up. You can use the caliper arm that is on it now or go back to stock on it also.