IGNORED

Put some miles on my Venture

Chaharly

Well since I got my new tire on and have been healthy enough to ride I just wanted to brag and say I've got more than 500 miles on already! Monday my brother, dad, and I all hopped on the bikes and rode to columbus to buy dad lunch for his birthday. We did a little riding around and then my brother and I decided to wash the bikes for the first time of the year.

I rode around off and on by myself for the week and then friday my friends Jon and Matt rode our scoots up to sioux city. Jon left us at sioux city and matt and I continued north on I-29 for about 20 miles. Man the crosswinds on that road were something else. We had a steady 30mph wind that day and we went through one of the worst gusts of wind I've ever seen. It probably was worse. It actually picked up chunks CHUNKS of sod and pelted us with it. I'm glad I wasnt trying to do the 80mph speed limit because I would've more than likely had been pushed off the road. So after that we got off the interstate at the nearest exit and headed toward vermillion. We went through vermillion on headed home on Highway 12 and 15. We fought the wind for the rest of the day but all in all had a great ride.

Yesterday I went out for a ride by myself and put about 100 miles on.

ive been trying for days! I originally wanted to post this 2 days ago

Find the pic, let your cursor rest over the pic for a second - the size of the pic should appear, when I do that mine says "640x480" and 168k.. If you do that and says the pic is bigger - you probably gotta resize the pics.. I know that when I change my battery in my camera I always end up resetting my pic size and quality way down so I can post them up on here.. I would pick on Don and call him a cheapy:stickpoke::witch_brew::rasberry: for not allowing bigger pictures but I am actually thankful that he doesnt cause I am the REAL cheapy - have a very slow internet connection and it HATES big pics!!!! DOWN SIZE CHA - DOWN SIZE!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Well since I got my new tire on and have been healthy enough to ride I just wanted to brag and say I've got more than 500 miles on already! Monday my brother, dad, and I all hopped on the bikes and rode to columbus to buy dad lunch for his birthday. We did a little riding around and then my brother and I decided to wash the bikes for the first time of the year.

I rode around off and on by myself for the week and then friday my friends Jon and Matt rode our scoots up to sioux city. Jon left us at sioux city and matt and I continued north on I-29 for about 20 miles. Man the crosswinds on that road were something else. We had a steady 30mph wind that day and we went through one of the worst gusts of wind I've ever seen. It probably was worse. It actually picked up chunks CHUNKS of sod and pelted us with it. I'm glad I wasnt trying to do the 80mph speed limit because I would've more than likely had been pushed off the road. So after that we got off the interstate at the nearest exit and headed toward vermillion. We went through vermillion on headed home on Highway 12 and 15. We fought the wind for the rest of the day but all in all had a great ride.

Yesterday I went out for a ride by myself and put about 100 miles on.

It's like you are poking me with a sharp stick. Man I want to ride a little more but I have to learn to trust this bike ( unsure of it since it was tore down to bare frame) and have had setbacks with insurance ( they didn't make an 85 venture 1200 I was told) and weather ( cold rain and some wind), and repeated adjustments (want it to be overly perfect and possibly inadvertently trying to correct normal functions of the bike) that I am sure most normal riders would not fuss with but I am overly picky (analyzing EVERY noise I hear). I am hoping the weather gives me a break and I am able to familiarize myself with this ride so I can take it further. I am not lucky enough to have anyone close to ride with so I MUST be cautious and analyze everything to try to make sure the bike will operate correctly and not leave me stranded anywhere.

Good for you Char, glad you are back on the bike. Planning on getting mine out Sat for our first voyage. Seems like every time it was nice I had something else to do. The rain is supposed to go away this weekend, and I've already told the wife I'm riding.

Tomorrows weather is not going to be as good as I hoped. But my bike needs a new front tire put on, and my rear re-mounted (correctly) and balanced. Will have the shaft serviced while the rear is off anyway. And NYS inspection. Not going to trailer a Yamaha into the Harley shop where I now work. I get my first ride tomorrow.

Good for you Char, glad you are back on the bike. Planning on getting mine out Sat for our first voyage. Seems like every time it was nice I had something else to do. The rain is supposed to go away this weekend, and I've already told the wife I'm riding.

Tomorrows weather is not going to be as good as I hoped. But my bike needs a new front tire put on, and my rear re-mounted (correctly) and balanced. Will have the shaft serviced while the rear is off anyway. And NYS inspection. Not going to trailer a Yamaha into the Harley shop where I now work. I get my first ride tomorrow.

You guys will have to let us know how the first ride of the year went!

@cowpuc here's your pictures!!!

HEYYYYYY,, GOT ERR FIGURED OUT EAY!! :clap2::clap2: BEEEAAAUUTTTIIIIIIFULL :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2:

Sure wish I was sitting there in the shade telling stories and staring at the bikes with those two guys - ACTUALLY LOOKS WARM ENOUGH TO RIDE!:thumbsup2:

Really nice Cha! THANKS!!

Finishing up my tire swap tonight, had it on the jack and didn't want to wrestle it again. Hopefully the weather is going to clear up tonight so I can get a "first" ride in tomorrow to see how the new tires and hip are going to do. I'll let ya know how it goes.