IGNORED

Head light upgrade

nascarnutt

I just had a freind of mine hit a deer and crash his bike. Thankfully he is ok, but this sure got me to thinking. I have driving lights mounted on my bike, but was also thinking of maybe going to a PIAA head lamp bulb for my bike. Has anyone done this before, if so what kind of Bulb did you use? I have never had to replace mine, Is it an H3 or H4 bulb? Iwas thinking of going with the higher out put light, can the venture headlight assembly take the heat?

I just had a freind of mine hit a deer and crash his bike. Thankfully he is ok, but this sure got me to thinking. I have driving lights mounted on my bike, but was also thinking of maybe going to a PIAA head lamp bulb for my bike. Has anyone done this before, if so what kind of Bulb did you use? I have never had to replace mine, Is it an H3 or H4 bulb? Iwas thinking of going with the higher out put light, can the venture headlight assembly take the heat?

H4 for the headlight & usually H3 on the driving lights.

Only thing you are gonna have to worry about is if you have a plastic HL it may run too hot. I had one in my Stock HL on my 2nd Gen I had the piaa. When I changed to the Adjure HL that is plastic it told me not to use the high power as it builds too much heat. didnt matter as the Adjure gave better light direction. Point is be careful if you have a plastic HL.