IGNORED

Back to the future agin, In Motorcycling

Dragonslayer

Good post DragonSlayer!! :thumbsup:

I have Honda Helix that Tip and I spend a lot of time on when we are home. Minus the body, this vehicle reminds me a lot my Helix. A while back we ran into a guy out in Utah who was riding an electric motorcycle cross country that he and Craig Vetter (Vetter Fairings) had built. He was telling me that Vetter uses the Helix and one of his streamline kits and gets amazing economy out of it. The body on the scoots of these things also made me think of what I saw on his electric bike built by Vetter.. Really interesting!!

The longer wheelbase and lower to the ground concept that the man in the vid is talking about is right on target.. I can tell you that the handling on the Helix is AMAZINGLY inspiring and VERY comfortable! I will say this though, when you get onto wet pavement and have a braking slide the dynamics we experience on a normal bike go right out the window!! Same thing if you have a flat tire at speed (we had one on the rear on the helix at 60 and it was a HANDFULL)!! One of the things I always liked about biking was knowing I could part company with the machine if/when I needed to - watching the video kinda gave me a creepy feeling knowing these folks wouldnt be able to do that.. :missingtooth:

Really cool post though Bob!! THANKS!!