IGNORED

If you had 1 week & $1000 in cash

midnightrider1300

A grand isnt a lot of cash and a week isnt a lot of time.. We would cross the bottom of the Badlands, up under Rapid City, rip thru Keystone onto 16A, drift across the top of Custer State park and up onto Needles High way, across the Black Hills to Spear Fish Canyon. Take the two tracks and single trail from the water falls at Spear Fish Canyon and spend an overnight in the Black Hills listening to Elk bugle. Ride the two tracks into Wyoming and pop out near Devils Tower. Stop and get a new Devils Tower sticker for Tweeks that got knocked off in the hail last summer. Ride south out of Wyoming across the National Grass Lands, National Forests, National Parks, Mountain valleys in a bold attempt to get to Santa Fe with enough money and time to beat foot it home..

Well ASSuming that you camp for free, and spend $10 on food at every gas stop, and incur no other expenses like tires or oil change, That $1000 will take you about 6100 miles, or 41 gas / food stops. That can get you almost anywhere in the country and back home. But that is a LOT of riding for one week.

Well if you left Hamilton and headed east, you could spend a night in Huntsville and save motel and food costs..........then as you head north ad farther east, there could be a Goldwing in your mirror for about 4 to 5 hours...a stop for lunch, and you could continue heading east / north while the Goldwing returns to Huntsville.

I would strongly recommend Marlington Motor Inn as your hub. They have a restaurant and lounge on site and are very motorcycle friendly.

There are many roads I could tell you about that you will never forget..

Let me know if interested.

Or you could just mail me a check for $1,000 and I will tell you how the trip went and even post pics for you to view..

Eck

Well if you left Hamilton and headed east, you could spend a night in Huntsville and save motel and food costs..........then as you head north ad farther east, there could be a Goldwing in your mirror for about 4 to 5 hours...a stop for lunch, and you could continue heading east / north while the Goldwing returns to Huntsville.

I would strongly recommend Marlington Motor Inn as your hub. They have a restaurant and lounge on site and are very motorcycle friendly.

There are many roads I could tell you about that you will never forget..

Let me know if interested.

Or you could just mail me a check for $1,000 and I will tell you how the trip went and even post pics for you to view..

Eck

I would (assuming I'm healed and my bike is running good) Would go to the Black Hills (about a 7 hour drive) ride around the usual routes, the ones that @cowpuc described, but with a twist. Id spend a huge chunk of change in Deadwood since I'm legal now!!!

The Honey and I would take a couple days to ride to Vegas. Get us a room at The Flamingo. A one night stay would be long enough for me to work a number of Craps and Blackjack tables and turn the remaining $700.00 into $5000.00. Now we're cooking with gas. We would leave Vegas and ride up to and across southern Utah via Zion, Brice, Grand Staircase, Glen Canyon, Monument Valley then down through New Mexico in time to do a Howdy and Shake with Cowpuc in Santa Fe or Taos. Then ride the hair off of it to get back in time for the week to end. Put the remaining $4K in the bike fund and sit in my recliner and grin.

I would head north through the sierras and the Mt Shasta area then cut across to the Chief Joseph highway in Wyoming, then ride back into Yellowstone then west to the coast and home, if I have enough cash left.

YEa me too on the motel. Pretty much my days of sleeping on the ground are done. Been there done that and it was so long ago the T-shirt has been cycled thru the rag to the round can file many many moons ago. But I can get a room for under $60 usually. We like the Asheville, Waynesville, Maggie Valley area, or possibly a trip up thru NY Finger Lakes area and into Canada.

I'd start here and head south using secondary roads to key west then up the east coast on US 1 Then follow the state Line to the panhandle till I was down to $100.00 or only had 1 day left then head for home. I think I could circumnavigate Florida in a week!

THANKS FOR THE QUESTION. iT TAKES ME BACK TO SOME GOOD TIMES. In the late 70s early 80s each year I would take a 6 week motorcycle vacation and travel all over the US. Back then a thousand dollars was a lot of money and would take me almost the whole year to save it. But that amount was what I would take on my trips, with a back up credit card (that I never had to use). Bike would be preped and ready. In those years it was enough money to travel to every lower 48 and parts of Canada and Mexico. Camped every night usually in a national forest, would shower at KOA's or streams once in awhile. Those trips would be 6 to 10,000 miles each. had plenty of time and money and saw so much it's had to remember it all. Met so many great people, I long for the day I fully retire to do it all over again, this time with my wife. But with the $1000.00 and a week I would head to the Northwest and tour the coast line of Oregon and Washington returning home via Yellowstone and the Colorado Rockies. Thanks for the memories, we all have them.

you have to RIDE your bike and spend the money on your trip .... Where would you Ride ?

Pick up US 191 South in Price Ut and ride it to Clifton Az and pick up SR70/NM75 into Lordsburg Then I10 to Van Horn Tx and south to Big Bend NP.Back home by way of Carlsbad caversn,Santa Fe and US 84 to Chama and Pagosa Springs then Durango up to Grand Junction and home. Have to cheat on the days tho,it'll take me ten and the $1000.00 will be a good start. Since I am leaving on the 29th of April you'll have to get the $1000.00 to me by the 27th OK?

Edited by Pegasus1300