IGNORED

Had enough!

steamer

Left home in NY 5 hours ago, now in Hagerstown MD. heading to Fla. for the week. One more day of snow and I would have killed someone. We are going to look around for our future retirement home. We have had enough!:snow: Looking forward to sun and sand:sun:

Any particular destination in mind?

The east coast below Jacksonville to south around Fort Pierce is not so congested as the west coast and also cooler in the summer due to Atlantic sea breezes.

I am in the Daytona Beach area, riding in this area is not great, but about 45 minutes west it is pretty good.

Have fun in the sun down there Steamer!! As far as actually moving down there,, if it were me I wouldnt even start looking until I had crossed that bridge that connects Key West to the bottom of Florida. Aint no way, aint no how, I would trust this cold weather not to figure out a way to get me even in Florida!!

Any particular destination in mind?

The east coast below Jacksonville to south around Fort Pierce is not so congested as the west coast and also cooler in the summer due to Atlantic sea breezes.

I am in the Daytona Beach area, riding in this area is not great, but about 45 minutes west it is pretty good.

This is Steamers better half. We are heading to Leesburg. And some warm weather.

Brake pad and Lil Sh*t live in Vero Beach, cool Ocean Breezes, temps most of the time in the 50's during the winter, Indian River ( out side of the city of Vero Beach ) the electrical here in Vero Laga ( My area) $46.00 a month so far this winter, summer almost no bill (32.00) July, cheaper taxes, were on the foot of the Indian River waterway.

Come visit, your welcome to come visit.

This is Steamers better half. We are heading to Leesburg. And some warm weather.

Leesburg is good, smallish city, good riding area, medium sized bike rally every year in April. It is in the central part of the state so gets very warm in the summer, no cooling sea breezes, but the Atlantic or the Gulf coasts are only an hour away, one east one west.

Florida was one of the states that had the highest numbers of foreclosures and there still may some steals to be had. I worked in Homestead from Jan 2010 to Aug 2013 and there were so many great house bargains. I was tempted to buy one but southern FL has a high crime rate and you have to live in a gated guarded subdivision to prevent your home from being burglarized on a regular basis. I rented a 1700 sq ft. 3br townhouse with garage while I was there in a nice gated apt complex that was supposed to be individually owned units but everything went bust so most were rentals. Anyway, I could have bought one for $40k at that time. If I had just known how long that temporary job was going to last I would have bought one. I saw a foreclosure advertised that was just a few years old, 6k sq ft on 7 acres of land and it could be purchased for $300k.

In 2009 my wife and I drove to FL looking for a home. There is a huge place called Lehigh acres close to Ft. Myers where fairly new1600 sq ft homes with double garages were selling for $50k. The streets in those areas needed lots of work. Some of the homes had been built with toxic Chinese drywall. Those same homes are now well over $100k. All homes had wells and septic tanks.

I know I already put the quarter in and played this for Steamer but, to be fair and so Steamer dont have to share..

You two have a blast down there Robin, ya hear!!

I am about an hour an half south off US 27 from where you are. Small town called Sebring. Some good deals around, depends on what your looking for and price range. Almost dead middle of state, less thanb2 hours either way and your @ either the atlantic east coast or gulf of mexico west coast.

Left home in NY 5 hours ago, now in Hagerstown MD. heading to Fla. for the week. One more day of snow and I would have killed someone. We are going to look around for our future retirement home. We have had enough!:snow: Looking forward to sun and sand:sun:

Find any good jobs out there let me know!