IGNORED

Ever looked at a photo and for no special reason thought it reminded you of someone?

Eck

I told you Puc, you need a trailer

:Im not listening to:big-grin-emoticon:

If I pulled a trailer a guy by the name of @Brake Pad wouldn't be able to pick on me any more. Knowing Brake Pad, he would get bored and start picking on somebody like @Eck. Eck wouldn't be able to handle Brake Pad's picking on him constantly so he would use his magical Moderator powers to make an attempt to control even the weather. @Flyinfool would then get upset with Eck for infringing on him and his Wisconsin White Washing Machines monopoly on the weather controlling market and the Fool would panic and start pushing buttons and pulling levers. The Kanucks wouldn't be able to close their back door fast enough to respond to the huge demand for cold air needed by the White Washer and all the cold air up at the North Pole would be instantly removed and warm air from Australia would be drawn up to the North Pole. @Aussie Annie and @Quickstep would suddenly find their gorgeous bikes frozen to the spill over from the ocean tides that went crazy, each bike would have a Great White Shark frozen across their windshields. @StarFan and his friends in Iceland would have to change the name of their home country to "GreenlandIce" because the force of the weather shift would be so great it would sever the ropes holding the island of Iceland to the bottom of the ocean and Iceland would drift over and connect itself to Greenland. That guy who created the internet and wrote the book that warned all of us that this was going to happen would suddenly become King of the altered world and he would instantly decree that only touring bikes that still had cassette players be allowed. Because of this, the only thing unchanged by me getting a trailer would be that 1st Gen Yamaha Ventures would still be the fastest bikes on the planet....

So,, do you still think I should get a trailer? Well,,,, do ya? :big-grin-emoticon:

I used to pack enough to exist with only a sissy bar to hold things. Wanted to keep that rear seat open just in case.....:innocent-emoticon:

Right there with ya big guy!! Those were probably also the days when my biker buddies would tease me about having the only "bagger" Chop with an 18 over front end cause I always showed up at the parties with grocery sacks of brew hanging over the rear seat being held on by what ever happen to occupying that seat!!:missingtooth:

Okay puck Meister you got to figured this way one you will go through less rear tires to less stress on that poor little motor of yours, three a very happy camper wife. remember happy wife happy life for you can pile in a tent that looks like the Taj Mahal and even hang a goldplated centerpiece chandelier from the ceiling not to mention a green runway to the entry of the tent with pink flamingos and Christmas lights ornaments hanging from the trees. Not to mention too nice folding chairs to relax on while your cooktop sits on top of your folding table so you can enjoy a warm meals breakfast lunch and dinner no matter where you are you can bring a plug in the heater or air conditioner small in size but the size of a shoebox. Oh and you have to stop raving about the most beautiful people in your life they only pick on you because I love you or they just think you're really strange.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97641[/ATTACH]

See Puc k you can put one of the stickers on the back and show everybody what state you been through unfortunately the picture that I took is backed up insist on my work equipment and it's not being able to be moved right now so anyway you can see the trailer there and then that last picture is my new license plate which I'm going to be probably attaching to my trailer and moving the trailer one over to my work trailer just reversing because I want the Masonic one on there

I don't know what others think about pulling such a large trailer and or one that weighs a lot, but I don't think ANY motorcycle was designed to pull that much stuff.

Heck, add another 225lbs to 400lbs (solo or two up) and that I would think has to be way over it's limits of safe handling.

I found riding last week solo from Broward County back up home to Varro with a loaded trailer figure the trailer weighs 200 pounds and I probably had about 250 pounds inside the trailer I could not do anything over 58 miles an hour the back wheel got Squirrley if you tried to go any faster but when you're riding two up and you have more weight on the back tire the bike rides perfectly fine in my case the trip up to galena Illinois I never had any issues with the trailer breaking or accelerating the bike Road fantastic at speeds up to 65 miles an hour of course I never ride any faster than that anyway while pulling a trailer.

I realize most riders wouldn't be concerned about it, but what kind of mileage would he (or she) get with a rig like that? Maybe 15 mpg? 26400 yards per gallon? this may sound blasphemous but wouldn't it be easier to drive a truck?

I rode my 89 VR with a fully loaded trailer from Western NY to Guntersville AL for the Rally last summer and averaged 38/39 MPG. I think that was pretty good for my old bike.

Jim

When I pull my bushtec with my Goldwing (1800) I get around 28 to 30MPG.. With out it, I would say I get around 35pmg.

One time I got 50 mpg on I-65 going south. I had a strong tail wind and I set the cruise at 65 mph.

I rode 50 miles right up to the pump at a gas station just to see how much gas it would take and it took one gallon. That never happened again...sniff, tear, sniff..