IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to either move the stake around......Or give it a longer length of rope.:backinmyday:

and I hear those weed eaters is pretty dog gone good eatin too!!! Specially if ya gets em while theys still young and roasts em nice and slow over an open fire!!:fatsmiley:

Well folks. Bill and his sweet wife made it here safely. :) Had a cup of coffee and visited awhile and they are on their way home now. He was just scoping things out you know.

Is his name "Bill" or is it "Charles" ? (Charles is on his profile)

Are they coming back next weekend?

Just did a pre ride today to Freebirds, the roads are good. 377 miles today and the wife had no problems. So next week the wife and I can go down for the day and meet the good folks on this board. Don and Ilene was very nice and we had coffee and water. I do know how to use a weed eater but did not partake in the activity. I use a few names depending where I'm at but will answer to most anything. thanks Don and Ilene. billmac,mac,Charles,William,bill and willie.

I am half way ready for Maintenance Day, I changed my brake lines, rebuilt my master cylinders, changed my brake pads, new tires, changed stator and put new regulator in. Now all I need to do is service my trailer, check out my camping gear and pack.

I did my valve adjustment a few weeks ago and I have a small oil leak. I have not had any time to see where it is coming from.

You too, eh? Haven't had the chance to ride in a few days, and today I notice a wee little wet spot beneath Lady. Not huge, but not small enough for my comfort. Better be something stupid or insignificant or I'm gonna be uuuuuuupset. In and around the craziness at the start of the week I've got: a newer and slightly upgraded cage to pay for and get on the property (which needs a few things right off the bat), trying to offload my current cage, work, seeing if I can get my cell service transferred and a small list of other items to handle this week.

You too, eh? Haven't had the chance to ride in a few days, and today I notice a wee little wet spot beneath Lady. Not huge, but not small enough for my comfort. Better be something stupid or insignificant or I'm gonna be uuuuuuupset. In and around the craziness at the start of the week I've got: a newer and slightly upgraded cage to pay for and get on the property (which needs a few things right off the bat), trying to offload my current cage, work, seeing if I can get my cell service transferred and a small list of other items to handle this week.

Yup....very small, but never had it before. I made sure those gaskets were seated properly too. Gonna be a whole lotta work to fix it if it is the gaskets. I plan on looking at it tomorrow (Monday) see if I can tell where the heck it is coming from.

IF you end up having to pull the valve covers back off. Examine the gasket grove very closely. I found a couple of imperfections cast into the groove of the valve covers that I was able to smooth out and hoping for a better seal. If that don't work I'll get some Harley badges to put on it......:stickpoke:

Well after a lot of planning to go to maintday plans have changed Our daughter will be induced today to have our first Grandbaby so we are unable to make it this weekend Debbie and I were really looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new ventureriders. Everyone be safe and have a great time. Hope to see everyone at the International in July. Ride safe

Joe and Debbie

So everybody goes to MD to get help doing maintenance on their bike, but you did yours already, so why go.........................I know, ice cream................................LOL

I am half way ready for Maintenance Day, I changed my brake lines, rebuilt my master cylinders, changed my brake pads, new tires, changed stator and put new regulator in. Now all I need to do is service my trailer, check out my camping gear and pack.

Unfortunately I had to drop out of going to MD. I had to stay home and repair my son's Ford explorer which suddenly developed a case of transmission oil in the rad and it needed to be taken care of before him and I use it to go to Nova Scotia next weekend. I was really looking forward to MD as I do every year and hope you all can manage to still have a good time without me. I was specially looking forward to seeing everybody (except Puc and Fool, after all who needs that kind of trouble while so far from home). Well Fool I could have tolerated until the rum balls ran out.

Any way I hope you all are having a great time and a safe rides. I miss you all.