IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Indy is only 25 miles, but I gotta have time to get me & the bike out there......

Dan

Heck,your even closer then Cindy....:rasberry:

No excuses,just results........:stickpoke: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think that people are over thinking this.....

The target is you,your bike,and a Nascar track...

There are hundreds of small NASCAR sanctioned tracks that would qualify for the target..

It wasn't specified that it had to be one of the "Big Tracks"......

If I'm wrong,I'm sure eusa1 will correct me....:D

Mike,you have a Nascar track just east of Des Moines..It's the one that Rusty Wallace co-owns.....:D:D

Actually, I was considering that one but wasn't sure if it would fly or not. Now I'm off my days off and back to work week I bet someone will get this done b4 me. If not, next Monday this is mine...:stirthepot: God Bless. Mike

Guest BluesLover
Lou,you have a official NASCAR track in Montreal....:canada:

They run the road course up there in the Nationwide series....:)

No problems ... only 500 miles away!!!

I could always post a pick of my bike in front of a CASCAR track - at least I think Delaware Speedway is CASCAR ... (now, that one's only about 20 miles away!).

Cheers,

Lou

Maybe not, but I would enjoy a picture of "Circuit Gilles Villeneuve ".

Last time I was there it was for the 2004 F1.

Love the area!!!!!!!!!

Gilles Villeneuve was one of my favorite drivers. Him and Nicki Lauda. Ah, the good ol' days.

well well well........ plenty of cheap talk about how near the tracks are to your house... blah blah blah... if you cant make the 25 -to - 30 mile trip to the track with your camera or it;s too far for you to ride your little bar hopper, or your just a candy bottom sunny day rider.........then just say so and i will ask for something simple...

any nascar track, past or present..........mike

Will a dirt track affiliated with NASCAR be sufficient?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macon_Speedway

This is a local dirt track that is co-owned by Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace, and Tony Stewart, and I believe has a NASCAR sign out front. I could take an extended ride home from work tonight or tomorrow and snag a picture if it'll count! :thumbsup2:

As I read it any track that runs official NASCAR events with a sign will do, doesn't have to be Sprint or Nationwide. I used to go to Macon all the time in the 50's and 60's. Loved the action and they had the best corn dogs!

I would love to go there again for some super modified action if they still have those. Care to put together a ride to go there and I will come down with my wife and son on their bikes!

Care to put together a ride to go there and I will come down with my wife and son on their bikes!
I hadn't thought about it, but that's a hell of an idea for a M&E. I'll have to check with a co-worker of mine (who works the tracks on weekends) to find out what some good weekends would be. We don't necessarily want a NASCAR night, because those are sometimes sold out, and always packed. I'll toss that around and try to come up with something. Hell, it's only 20 minutes or so from my house!

I think a M&E with the track as an event would be great. Let me know if I can help in any way from up Peoria direction.

Heck with the Illinois ride in cancelled, maybe we could substitute this. There aren't as many super riding roads around Decatur, but there are some good rides anyway. I grew up in Arthur, and spent a lot of time around lake Shelbyville, and In Decatur. Had my first ride on a "bike" in Decatur as a bunch of us kids rented those little 50CC Hondas and rode them around one day. Amazing we didn't get killed!

But there are some good roads around Shelbyville, we can visit Arthur, Rockome Gardens (is it still open?), The night at the track in Macon, and I know there are some good restaurants in the area.

let me know how I can help.

Bah. I took these pictures yesterday after work, was all ready to upload them and pick a new target, then I realized what I forgot...

...I didn't hold up 3 fingers per the current objective.

Ah well. That just gives me an excuse to take another extended ride home tonight, or go on a ride with my girlfriend this evening. That way she can take the picture. Took me enough tries as it was to get me, my bike, and the sign in the picture with my phone. :rotf:

Even though the sign doesn't say NASCAR, the target didn't say the sign had to say NASCAR, it had to be a NASCAR TRACK. So add those three fingers and I say you have a winner. Kenny Wallace's name on the sign is proof enough for me.

Even though the sign doesn't say NASCAR, the target didn't say the sign had to say NASCAR, it had to be a NASCAR TRACK. So add those three fingers and I say you have a winner. Kenny Wallace's name on the sign is proof enough for me.

I agree, just add 3 for the INTIMIDATOR and pick your new target!!

e usa1 mike

Hmmmm, can I be the spoiler here and show one with 3 fingers???? Nawwww, I'll wait for the next target.
Hey, man, fair is fair. If you have the current objectives met, I say post away. It was my own fault. It was still an excuse to take a ride!

Actually, the wife and I were going to take a ride to Iowa Speedway after my Dawg house was finished being spray insulated but it's taking them longer then expected. So if they get done soon enough I'll probably check here first and if no picture with the 3 fingers "For the intimidator" I'll go for a ride. God Bless. Mike

It does not say NASCAR anymore even though they run NASCAR sprints twice a year. Yes I have 3 fingers up. If it's OK I'll post the next mission.

Let's just say if you except it the next mission: You, your bike standing with a Police officer.

Edited by KarlS
add content

Only problem I see with the new target is that a hat is sometimes a very personal thing to people, and it may be hard to get the cop to let you try it on!

If we don't get any takers in a few days, maybe eusa1 can reset the target and make it a little easier? We have had tough targets in the past and it kind of killed the topic.

Just a thought.

It does not say NASCAR anymore even though they run NASCAR sprints twice a year. Yes I have 3 fingers up. If it's OK I'll post the next mission.

Let's just say if you except it the next mission: You, your bike standing with a Police officer with you wearing the Police officers hat.

OK, I agree. You do not have to wear the police officers hat.