IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Be creative. Doesn't have to be Niagara Falls. I know of at least 2 Chinese food buffets nearby that have little water fall type things flowing into Koi ponds that I could probably get in a picture with the bike assuming an accomplice would hold open the front door for a minute. How about a garden center or fish store...

What is the etiquette for getting your own targets if too much time passes without someone else scoring a hit? Is there guidelines for picking a new target if the current is too difficult? Don't want the game to get stalled after having a good bit of momentum going.

Cheers,

Dan

What is the etiquette for getting your own targets if too much time passes without someone else scoring a hit? Is there guidelines for picking a new target if the current is too difficult? Don't want the game to get stalled after having a good bit of momentum going.

I'm as new at this game as can be but I wouldn't think that it would be right to get credit for your own target. Someone will get a picture some of us just have to wait for warmer weather then we can get in longer rides. There are waterfalls out there just falling to get a pic taken with a good looking scoot.

Patience my friend.:whistling:

What is the etiquette for getting your own targets if too much time passes without someone else scoring a hit? Is there guidelines for picking a new target if the current is too difficult? Don't want the game to get stalled after having a good bit of momentum going. Cheers, Dan

I scored my own last year about this time (see page 57 of this thread).:banana:

But, I set that one on Jan 1st, and it was the beginning of March, and I rode 2,000 miles to get it, so I didn't feel too bad about cheating.:confused24:

The waterfall is a good target, IMHO, just not been good weather around here. I do know of a couple within 30 miles of here, but supposed to get snowed on again today.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You, your bike and a waterfall. by DanOh

I scored my own last year about this time (see page 57 of this thread).:banana:

But, I set that one on Jan 1st, and it was the beginning of March, and I rode 2,000 miles to get it, so I didn't feel too bad about cheating.:confused24:

The waterfall is a good target, IMHO, just not been good weather around here. I do know of a couple within 30 miles of here, but supposed to get snowed on again today.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You, your bike and a waterfall. by DanOh

I would rather have someone else find a target I set, but if it looks like it in not going to be achievable go for it. Since I am out until I get another bike I want to wish everyone happy hunting and have fun.

I got the waterfall today on the way back from Delaware to Va, in Harper's Ferry WV It's over my shoulder, there was not much room to pull over.

Good job! Also, I like the color scheme of your bike; very nice indeed.

So what's next?

Cheers,

Dan

I got the waterfall today on the way back from Delaware to Va, in Harper's Ferry WV It's over my shoulder, there was not much room to pull over.

:photographing:

Dangit!

T Shirt weather again in SC. :doh:

I'm debating putting on my snowmobile suit :bang head: again today just to get a little ride in.

Can't wait for Vacation in a week and a half, ridin' to TX, should be able to catch up on the suntan there.:banana::sun:

So Joe, what is the next target if I decide to suit up today?

Waterfall????

we ARE desperate aren't we?

file:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

I know it’s not Niagara Falls but it has been awhile since waterfall was set and when we saw this “waterfall” I went for it.

Dangit!

T Shirt weather again in SC. file:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif

I'm debating putting on my snowmobile suit file:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.gifagain today just to get a little ride in.

Can't wait for Vacation in a week and a half, ridin' to TX, should be able to catch up on the suntan there.file:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.giffile:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image005.gif

So Joe, what is the next target if I decide to suit up today?

Actually it was in West Virginia if that’s any consolation.

The next target is

You, your bike with a classic car at least 30 years old.

Actually it was in West Virginia if that’s any consolation.

Not a bit.:stickpoke:

And the quick brake job on the front end of my truck today went a little bad, and I had to go back to the parts store for a $40 helicoil set and a couple replacement caliper pins.:doh:

Never did get out to enjoy the 35 degree sunshine this afternoon.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

The next target is

You, your bike with a classic car at least 30 years old. by etcswjoe

Got a 54 YO '57 chevy next to my bikes. But that one won't count!

I was in Florida the last 10 days or so (with 4 days travel in there, so I guess only 6 or so riding days down there). I DID trailer my GoldWing and my wife's Shadow Ace Tour in an enclosed trailer with two other couples. We rented a house near Tampa and the wife and I got in over 700 miles of riding without trying too hard. come home to typical wet 30 degree Illinois weather. Never saw a water fall...in Florida...right! LOL

But I know there are some other old cars in Peoria area.

If noone gets this on by Thursday its mine................ hehe :photographing:

Better go today.:stickpoke:

I rode to work today, and it should be 55 and sunny when I leave. I'll be huntin' for several hours this evening.:banana:

Later, Scooter Bob

The next target is

I DID trailer my GoldWing

Good on ya Don.:thumbsup2:

I'd really hate to see a perfectly good Venture on a trailer.:no-no-no: :crackup:

Do you wanna meet for Lunch next wednesday about now?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57490

Later, Scooter Bob

The next target is

I just finally bought a digital camera last night, so there may be another country heard from in the not to distant future.

Welcome Aboard Jeff. :cool10:

I hope you didn't get a good one, or you'll be two targets behind by the time you figure out how to get the pics resized to fit this site. :stickpoke:

Just ask EUSA1.:doh:

Have fun playin', Scooter Bob

The next target is

53F today and went out and fired up the VR. This year it had to set outside covered under the awning all winter. 2 cranks and it was running, checked everything out and good to go. Tomorrow supposed to be 57F and sunny so going for a ride. I'm back in the game and looking for 30+ year old car.

Here's a practice shot. I can't count it, it's in my garage.

Nice Truck!:thumbsup2::sign kewl:

The cuurent target still is...

Have at it boys! I put on a 120 miles after work:banana:, but didn't see any classic cars out yet. I did see a couple trucks that old, but it does say cars.:doh:

There are a few old cars in the process of becoming classic looking next to the local drive in, but the snow banks are too high to get in there close enough to get a good pic.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

The cuurent target still is...