IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Oh OH OH....they are setting up a festival in my home town this week, tents are up, carnival should be in Tuesday if not tomorrow.

And Mike, I went nice, gave you a break and you made fun of me, no more MR nice guy....I will be watching you from now on (kind of gives you a creepy feeling...huh?) :confused07:

Nice to see the game heating up again with riding weather.

Far be it from me to stir the pot ..... but..... :stickpoke::stirthepot:

I'm looking at this picture with the poppies .....

Look how the old guy is holding up the jar, see how he's looking questioningly at the burly biker, is that a trace of fear in his old eyes?

Did he actually pay for these poppies or just strongarm the ole bugger?

Perhaps the Venturerider legal team (Dewey, Screwem & Howe) should be brought in on this one ...... I'm just sayin' :rasberry:

OK, here you go, pic 2 shows me (in the mirror) at least part of my bike, and the carnival setting up with several rides in the background. Pic #1 showing more of my bike, but not me.

If OK, then I will set a new target:

You, your bike, and Your City Hall building, picture must show the words CITY HALL! (For those in burgs with a different approach, yes, Town Hall will work) :)

Edited by dynodon

rides?? i dont see no rides?? where are the rides? can't make out any rides?

all i see is a tent and some trucks?:thumbdown:

whatchu tryin to pull here dyno don?? :rasberry: we need a ruling here!!??:soapbox:

you knew it would come back to bite ya buddy!!:Laugh:

Mike, get your glasses dude! The thick ones you use for the paper in the morning when you have your bulk fiber cereal! :backinmyday:

Yea they are kind of far away, and most of the ride parts are still on the ground in pieces, but there is a zipper there on the left, and some sort of ride on the right, and well, I don't go to carnivals anymore, but what more proof do you need than all the trailers and vehicles parked around the outside!

And hey, I am even in the one picture twice, once in the regular mirror and one in the old guys mirror for use when I can't turn my head!

How dare you imply that I would cheat... I am a paragon of virtue and honesty, or is that Parody?:confused07:

Looks good to me. I see rides.

Does it have to be OUR City Hall. I don't go to that part of downtown Flint unless I"m forced to and that's in a cage. City hall is across from the jail and the court house. Of course you can meet some very interesting people whether you want to or not. :Avatars_Gee_George:

BUT even though my mailing address says Flint I live in Genesee Township and they have a Township hall??

I just hit google maps and couldn't find "Your City" or "Your Town" listed in any state. :think:

This should be a target anyone can get without too much trouble.:stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

the current target is...

You, your bike, and Your City Hall building, picture must show the words CITY HALL! (For those in burgs with a different approach, yes, Town Hall will work) by DynoDon

I just hit google maps and couldn't find "Your City" or "Your Town" listed in any state. :think:

This should be a target anyone can get without too much trouble.:stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

the current target is...

You, your bike, and Your City Hall building, picture must show the words CITY HALL! (For those in burgs with a different approach, yes, Town Hall will work) by DynoDon

watch him very close, scooter bob... i think he went to school with

blogoyovich and ryan:mugshot::dancefool::Laugh::Laugh::rasberry::happy65::clap2::thumbsup2:

Yea, ANY city or town hall will work for me!

Got a new rubber band on the new to me GoldWing today, it rides a LOT better. Doesn't have a total mind of its own anymore (those Wings cup those D3's something awful). Took the VR for a ride with friends (Yea I have a few friends Mike...shut up!) :rasberry: and still like that old bike a lot, so you haven't seen the last of the Couch, the Wing is the Couch V2....:rotf:

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I made my famous potato salad...you really missed it!

Went downtown Flint today to nail the target. Wouldn't you know, it's not called City Hall anymore. It's now called the Flint Municipal Center. So gotta keep looking. But I did see for the first time a motorcycle cop with a motorcycle pulled over.

It kinda looked like a pretty important building.:banana:

So I lined up a good shot with me in the mirror of the bike and all, but....:innocent:

No sign saying what it was.:bang head:

It's your call guys.:scratchchin: Should I keep lookin'?:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

the current target is...

Found in Leipsic, DE.

Do I get extra credit for riding 1,100+ miles to score it??:beersign:

Later, Scooter Bob

The next target is...no it isn't

You and you bike and a construction crane. Can be on wheels or tracks or a tower, boom up or down doesn't matter. Seems to be plenty of 'em around this time of year.

Never Mind: I thought I had it, but now that I look at the specs, it doesn't say "HALL", so I'll keep looking too

the current target still is...

Edited by Scooter Bob
just read the old target closer..

I was just kiddin' on the first post, :sign just kidding: but I really thought I nailed it on the second post till after I looked the pics and the rules closer.:bang head:

This one's a for sure I think.:D What do you think Don?

Found about 1,390 miles into the trip, in northwestern New Jewsey. And was that some nice riding through there. :banana:

And thanks again StrayCat for that reflection in the clutch cover trick!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

The next target is...

You and your bike and a construction crane. Can be on wheels or tracks or a tower, boom up or down doesn't matter. Seems to be plenty of 'em around this time of year.

Have a great ride lookin' fer one, Scooter Bob

Oh Bob, I was going to ding you for not being in the picture (EDIT: I wrote all this before reading farther in Bob's note about the trick of using the clutch cover reflection) , but then I thought....Bob is tricky, I better look that picture over closely or he will never let me forget missing something, and yep, there you are in the reflection on the engine cover. *(anyone here a GWRRA member? If so, this scavenger hunt is almost as devious and hard as "find Wingy" in their magazine ads!). :)

So Bob wins and we are out looking for construction cranes. Would a Blue Heron crane making a nest count? Nah, me neither. :crackup:

you don't HAVE to ride 1,300+ miles to get it.:stickpoke:

Across town would be fine with me.:080402gudl_prv:

I'd love another target to keep an eye out for as I start working my way back home.;)

By the way, can you tell I really enjoy this part of this website.

It's just a lot of fun for me. It's not the destination, it's the journey. :thumbsup2:

Any kiddin' or ribbin' I do is all in good fun on my end, please don't take it any other way.

Enjoying the ride, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You and your bike and a construction crane. Can be on wheels or tracks or a tower, boom up or down doesn't matter. Seems to be plenty of 'em around this time of year., by Scooter Bob

Bob, Hope you took my ribbing right back as in fun, I intended it that way too! :stickpoke:

Oh ya. We've met, so you know how warped I am when it comes to a reason for going for a ride.:thumbsup2:

I was just worried cus nobody made any comments at all on that "kinda looked like a pretty important building" I found with no sign by it.:doh:

Didn't know if everbody else is gone on Rideabout too, or if I PO'd some.:confused24:

Happy Hunting Don, Scooter Bob

:rain2::rain2::rain2:

That's what Karen's been telling me about WI also.

I'll do my best to bring back some :sun: this weekend.

Later' Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You and your bike and a construction crane. Can be on wheels or tracks or a tower, boom up or down doesn't matter. Seems to be plenty of 'em around this time of year., by Scooter Bob