IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

you, your bike, and a historical landmark

along with a brief description of the historical information, state and address or location in your posting "so we could go and see it too":080402gudl_prv:

you, your bike, and a historical landmark

along with a brief description of the historical information, state and address or location in your posting "so we could go and see it too":080402gudl_prv:

Is this what you were lookin' for Mike?

Must not have been built very well, there's no house there now, just this sign.

If so, the next target is...

A picture of you and your bike and a real steam powered locomotive. Doesn't have to be running. Any park exhibit or museum piece is fine. Have fun with it.

Later, Scooter Bob

A picture of you and your bike and a real steam powered locomotive. Doesn't have to be running. Any park exhibit or museum piece is fine. Have fun with it.

looks like a great find to me!! thanks bob! woops!! where is it at???? state and location??

lets find a loco-motive!!

mike

woops!! where is it at???? state and location??

I'll say woops. And i quoted your message and still didn't read it all.:doh:

It's on the way to Karen's Mom's house.:whistling:

Oh, that doesn't help much either? :confused24:

It's on County road "F" (yes, the county roads use letters in WI) 1/2 mile east of the intersection of Blackhawk Trail in Northern Dodge county.

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...A picture of you and your bike and a real steam powered locomotive. Doesn't have to be running. Any park exhibit or museum piece is fine. Have fun with it. by Scooter Bob

thanks bob!! this picture was taken in wisconsin on county rd. n

can you guess where it's at??

hint== it's also is a historical landmark:scratchchin:

You've stumped me on that one. Guess I'll need a few more hints. I've been all over this state many a time over the last 20+ years, but I don't recognize anything in that pic.

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...A picture of you and your bike and a real steam powered locomotive. Doesn't have to be running. Any park exhibit or museum piece is fine. Have fun with it. by Scooter Bob

open the pic larger in my profile pics,

WOW, that helped a bunch. But, I still don't recognize it. Guess I better get out and ride some more huh?

Later, Scooter Bob

Mission completed!

Canadian National Railway steam engine 6218 is the cornerstone artifact of the Fort Erie Railroad Museum. Built in 1948, the 4-8-4 wheel configuration Northern type served well into the 1960s. In its retirement it serves as a reminder of days past when Fort Erie boasted the third-largest railyard in Canada. As well as a host of artifacts, including tools and telegraphy equipment, the original Grand Trunk Railway Station in Ridgeway and the CN B-1 station, used to monitor traffic over the International Railway Bridge, was moved to the railroad museum site and are being preserved. The B-1 serves as office and gift shop. The Ridgeway Station houses the main exhibit area.

The Fort Erie Railroad Museum is located at

400 Central Avenue

in the town of Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada

The next target is you, your bike and your old school (be it grade, high or reform) :crackup:

Nice pic! and the write up to boot!:thumbsup2:

I hadn't seen any movement on this as of this morning, so we scored a couple pics this morning for samples on the way home from the Minesoda M&E yesterday.:banana:

And here you've got it already!:happy65:

The next target is you, your bike and your old school (be it grade, high or reform) :crackup:

Bummer.:bang head:

We stayed at my folks house last night in Northwestern WI. We actually went to my 1-4 grade school on the way through Wheeler WI last night. It's been turned into a church now, but the outdoor basketball court is still there. We were ten miles from my Kindergarden school in Boyceville, stayed at my folks house 2 miles from my 5-6 school in Cedar Falls, and on the way home today, within 2 miles of Menomonie Junior and Senior High School.

Be a while for we can head thata way again, so good luck everyone else.:080402gudl_prv:

But great target choice!:happy34:

Later, Scooter Bob

Does this have to be MY personal old school, or just any old school? Just asking, but my personal old schools are a ways away, but I have AN old school house on my property (I wouldn't use that as my target hit though, that isn't fair!)

I agree, for some this may be a difficult task, but for some this shouldn't be that hard. If nothing has moved soon I'll change it up ..... just had our 55th year reunion at high school, thats were I got the idea.

I teach at my old Middle School. I dont think this would be fair either....

(interesting comment - My boss is my old basketball coach when I was in the 7-9 grades he has been there 42 years.)