IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Good eye on the reflection, I had to go back and check. There I am larger, or rather smaller than life.

Ok, Mrs catt has set the next target.....

You, your bike, and a fire truck. Bonus points if a fire fighter is in the picture. :fireman:

Now get out and ride!

Good job on getting both of you in the pic.:happy34:

I think we'll exclude ourselves from this target. Karen (Ladyfyrefiter on here) is on the local volunteer FD. And we know all the rest of the team. It just wouldn't be fair.:whistling:

Happy hunting everybody, Scooter Bob

The current target is....

You, your bike, and a fire truck. Bonus points if a fire fighter is in the picture. :fireman:

by straycatt

Ok, Mrs catt has set the next target.....

Now get out and ride!

OMG it figures, and I guess we get extra bonus points if he is also Mr July from the calendar, shirt off carrying a hose??? :whistling: .... I feel used, (I like it) but I feel used!:Laugh:

:big-grin-emoticon:

It's been a week now...:whistling:

:scratchchin:With all the wrenchin' everyone's doing gettin' bikes and mowers and such ready for the season, nobody has started their garage on fire yet? :rasberry::stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

by straycatt

nobody has started their garage on fire yet?

I had a '80 Dodge Horizon, the closest I've ever seen to something actually being possessed by the devil. Thing cost me $2000 and I spent $1800 on a tranny 2 months later, and then things went downhill ..... left me stranded hundreds of miles from home .... we still talk about that car. Told a guy at work I was dumping it and he offered $300 sight unseen!! I sold it, transferred ownership (THANK GOD) and 2 days later the battery died so he charged it and his neighbour came knocking .... burned his freaking garage down. I told him it was possessed! Satan's Sedan!!

I had an Omni, 78? bought it new as I left the employ of the local Dodge dealership. I thought it was a pretty decent little car. Still had the VW engine at that time too.

Funny story on those cars. When we got the first ones, it was just a few days later that Dodge called and said do NOT sell any of them! Seems a factory worker installing the cheap trunk mat (just a thin cloth over the metal floor) was supposed to put a staple in each of four corners, and he decided the middle of the mat needed a staple too. Bad move, put the staple right through the gas tank! All cars for a while got new gas tanks and one staple removed. I assume they put some putty over the holes in the trunk! Man we got some odd ducks from mother Mopar those years. One Dodge Monaco with Plymouth emblems/trim on the right side, Dodge on the left and an interior from a Chrysler. Would probably be a valuable car if it still existed.

Would probably be a valuable car if it still existed.

For sure, I can just hear the guys at Barrett's now, "one of a kind, rare as hens teeth" it would be worth a fortune. My neighbour has a 59 vette with side scoops done in red and black cherry, mint condition, saw one on Barretts go for over $100K ..... amazing what people will pay, but they live in different world.

I think we'll exclude ourselves from this target. Karen (Ladyfyrefiter on here) is on the local volunteer FD. And we know all the rest of the team. It just wouldn't be fair.:whistling:

Ok, we won't go to the local fire station and open the doors, but...

We'll keep an eye out for one on our trip to the Iowa M&E this weekend.

Later, Scooter Bob

by straycatt

Here it is, one of our local fire trucks. As for a new target, I'm not very creative and I'm not reading how many pages to see what's been done before. Because we ride Japanese bikes, how about you and your bike in front of a Japanese Maple tree. This is a good time of year to show one off. In the springtime, their leaves come out deep red right from the beginning. They're never green. I have one in my yard. Who else has one?

Thanks for moving us on with the shot of the fire truck.

Oh great a tree target! :) I did not graduate from tree hugger school. My wife says I am the tree killer, and thus I don't care much about what type of tree they are. I can find Walnut trees IF they have the nuts on them, and we have those helicopter seed breeding trees clogging up the gutters right now, but one tree is like another to me. So someone else will have to get this one! :starz:

(All in fun, but really, I have no clue what "brand" one tree is over another!).

About all I know is a basic Maple and Oak myself. I only know what a Japanese Maple is because this maple tree in my yard would come out red in the spring which I thought was very odd and I wanted to know what it was. Very windy today and tough to get a clear picture. I think this is what you would call a "nevergreen". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Mission Completed!!

Although I wasn't going up and knocking on their door to check if it was "Japanese" or not. Looks good to me. If pegscraper denies it, that's okay. If its okay .....

The next target is you, your bike & a putting green (golf green with flag)

Good luck all.

I thought I'd also add one of my favourite pictures, from last fall along the Niagara Parkway, y'know in case y'all wanted to get it framed or a tattoo or something!

I tried shooting golf once, but darn, no matter how long you boil those things, they are still tough after you shoot them! :) Sorry, very old golf joke.

everyone better get their shot quick, I know where there is a good place to get a course shot within about 10 miles.

everyone better get their shot quick, I know where there is a good place to get a course shot within about 10 miles.

Yeah, I figured after the give away of a red maple (y'all have seen our flag, right?) I better make this an easy one too. Most courses have at least one hole near a roadside for a quick pic. Probably the tricky part is remembering to pack the camera before your ride.