IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

it seemed so great till I had to think of something (kinda hard) but I think the next mark will be your Venture (or the scoot youre riding) in front of something that says venture, sign or billboard or? as long as it has venture somewhere we can read it in the pic.

geez, sorry if that was a totally dumb target, or maybe my computer is just frozen?!?!

HELLO......CHECK,CHECK.....

No way Josh!! Perfectly good and legit target. I cranked up Google Maps looking for a Venture Ave or St or something.... no luck around here. Give it a week to see if someone posts something. If not, that gives you a week to think of a new one, but I'm sure someone will get this one.

In the spirit of the season.....how about......

a picture of you, your bike, and a carved JACK-O-LANTERN or pumkin for those who wouldn't know better.

an extra atta-boy for an added HORN-O-PLENTY

and tripple bonus points for a well decorated front yard or pumkin patch with you and your bike.

ok now lets go!!

Well even though I'm late (the wife and I just got back from a little 150 mile stroll) I'm posting these pics in honor of ic23b with thanks for the suggestion.

It was a nice ride, and we saw a field full of Sand Hill cranes. We stopped to take the pic and as we pulled away the entire field took off, must have been 150 of them.....way cool.

About 2 miles south of my home is this pumpkin field, and here I am with my '86 VR

If this qualifies, the next target will be you, your bike and a turkey (live or otherwise). Or you could substitute a Pilgrim (same, live, sign or otherwise, but not just the hat) all in honor of Thanksgiving.

Edited by dynodon

OK, I will stick with the turkey or pilgrim target as above. Have fun!

Here is what I plan for Turkey day.

Yordy smoked turkey

Homemade egg noodles

Smooooth mashed potatoes with butter and homemade gravy.

A big pan of dressing

A few veggies and "healthy" stuff

Some olives and sweet pickles for snackin'

OooooooWee! Now we're talkin' eatin!

Oh, and I do plan on sharing all this with about eight other people!

Somewhere in there I hope to work in a ride, probably before we eat, since I won't be able to waddle out and get on the bike after!:crackup:

OK folks, the current target is a Turkey or a Pilgrim, actual or sign (oh, and plus you and your bike of course), no biggie if we don't get a hit in a few days, I may consider changing it. Ideas?

I think the target is fine. We had some crap weather around here for quite a while, but it got muuuch better a week ago. I've burned up a couple tanks of fuel doing other thing, and didn't see any turkeys on the way. I can't seem to find the flock of wild turkeys that used to be on the way to work either. I'll keep looking for them though.

Later, Scooter Bob

From what I hear from my other friends in Wisconsin, all you need to do is cross the border to MN or IL and find turkeys at every pro-football stadium? :rotfl:

Hey, I am a St. Louis Football Cardinals fan, so you KNOW I am frustrated! (yes, I know they moved to AZ, that is why I am frustrated doubly, they couldn't win there either!) :bang head:

From what I hear from my other friends in Wisconsin, all you need to do is cross the border to MN or IL and find turkeys at every pro-football stadium?

:sign06:I'm starting to care so little for the turkeys:doh: playing tidlywinks in Green Bay, that I had no problem burning up fuel in the bike instead of sitting in the bar watching the game and getting an ulcer.:rant:

Later, Scooter Bob

the current target is a Turkey or a Pilgrim, actual or sign (oh, and plus you and your bike of course), by dynodon

Had some time, and fair weather this afternoon, so we rode around for an hour and a half looking for the flock of wild turkeys first, and then anything that resembled a turkey or pilgrim. Turns out damn near everyone still has Halloween decorations out yet. We finally found this little turkey in Waupun.

So, if it meets with your approval Don; and in the spirit of the recent seasonal theme...and to protect folks like me and BongoBobny that only seem to hunt out of season with the RSV...

your next target is...You and your bike and a deer you have just harvested from the woods, bow or gun, I don't care, just get rid of more of them to keep the rest of us safe on the road next summer.