IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Ok next one will be for you folks up north. You your bike and a snow plow.:D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/MikeM8560/Venture%20XVZ12/100_1543.jpg?t=1235268045

Hey Mike will these work??? Up here where we get all that white stuff, a plow and snowblower go hand in hand!!! Let me know if these are legal.:confused24:

[ATTACH]26543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26544[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26545[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26546[/ATTACH]

If not, I got it covered! :hihi: Either way, let us know who needs to come up with the next target!

I just realized that it was YOU your bike and a plow, so I give it up to Cerviperus who actually followed the directions correctly!!! Way to go. What's the next one buddy???:confused24:

Big Mike.....who didn't follow directions so well!:whistling:

The next target shall be...

You, your bike, and a public sign w/ the letter 'X' in it somewhere.

NOTE: XXX signs do not count. Nor do street signs. These would be too easy (depending on your location). Hoping this one isn't too difficult, but it should involve a little scouting.

Good luck! :thumbsup2:

Edited by Cerviperus
Changing the target to be a bit more challenging.

does that include street signs, highway signs and the like?

David

I guess technically it would, since I didn't state otherwise, but I actually thought about that earlier. It would be really easy for someone to grab a picture with a railroad crossing sign.

So unless someone is really opposed to me changing the target now, let's eliminate road signs and the like. I was hoping for it to be a "little" challenging, and force people to look for a store, restaurant, etc. with an 'x' in it. I failed to remember how nitpicky the rules had to become to avoid easy outs! :rotf:

We'l find an "X" later today, at least 100 miles from where we live in Fox Lake, WI and have the pic here Friday night. This should be fun!!!

Later, Scooter Bob and Karen

PS. That is if we can figure out how to download the pic?? See you all tonight.

It seemed just too easy to find a business with an "X" in the name where we live in FoX Lake, WI, so we rode 110 miles south to FoX Lake, Il today to look there. Found a place called EXclusive Automotive center that sells dress up goodies for cars and trucks.

As we are new to posting, we'll start trying to get the pics on here. Hopefully we'll have them up in a little bit.

Scooter Bob and Karen

PS, what a great day for a ride in March in Wi. 220 mile round trip. Cool when we left and cool when we got back, but in the low 60's in Northern IL early afternoon.

By jove, I think we've got 'em. Here should be pictures of the "X" at EXclusive Automotive center.

If so, and we are the winners of this prize, I believe we get to pick the next target.

If that's the case, we want to see you and your bike in front of a John Deere combine at an implement dealer.

Have fun and by all means, enjoy the ride!!

Scooter Bob and Karen

I read through this whole thread yesterday to see what other targets have been used (probably should have done that before we picked the new one). We could have picked any color combine, but I just happened to pick the green one. Sorry

As far as you're other hobby, I had a 67 1/2ton 2wd 266v8 3 on the tree in high school. After I moved to the Beaver Dam area, I had a 66 3/4 ton 4wd I6 4 on the floor with a factory pto winch bumper(what a beast of a truck). After that I had around a 62 1/2 ton 2wd with the slant 4 (looks like the left bank was cut off, same rocker cover as the v8) and 3 on the tree. Lastly, I needed a plow truck where I moved in 2000 and found a 72 scout 4wd with a 304 auto and plow.

There all gone now, but I always liked the looks of the 60's trucks, must be why Dodge tried to copy them in 93.

Glad you're keeping the scavenger hunt going. Seems like a lot of fun to us and we'll be participating a lot more. I hope it stays active. All but a couple of things that have been on the list could be found within 100 miles of here. Come to think of it, maybe we'll just go find everything that's already been found.

The weather has changed a bunch since Friday, because I sat in front of the computer and did this instead of riding. The roads around here are iced over now and sveral inches of snow coming tonight.

Here's a list of all the targets that have been posted so far. Maybe somebody else is looking to add some fun and another reason to ride. 38 targets so far.

You and your bike and a covered bridge

You and your bike and a caboose.

You with a baseball cap on, your bike, a baseball field (your bike doesn't need to be ON the baseball field)

Your Bike, You, and a Lighthouse

You, your bike and a ferris wheel that can carry people

you, your bike, and a zoo sign

you, your bike and a "wild" cactus

You on your bike with a historical monument

You, your bike, and a paddle river boat-not necessarily on the water but a real boat

You, Your Bike in front of a Live Giraffe

you your bike and a town outside large clock, either at the bank, courthouse what ever

You, your bike & at least one cop car at a Donut shop, Doughnut shop sign must be visible in one pic

Your bike, A single engine passenger carrying airplane, Taking off or landing

Your bike and helmet with a snowman at least 12” tall

you and your bike parked in front of a Kenworth with the driver of the truck

You,your bike & a train going by on a lonely stretch of road

your bike and a tank

Your and your bike, or your bike in front of a big roadside FISH

You your bike and a water or wind MILL

you, your bike, and an old, rusty farm implement

you, your bike and a new Dodge Challenger

you and your bike in front of a jewelry store that has a diamond in the name or logo of the store

you, your bike and "Welcome to XXXXX National Forest"

you your bike at a mountain summit with the sign showing name and height

You, your bike, & (a real life size running) FERRARI

You, Your bike in front of a Ice cream parlor. Not a DQ but a real ice cream parlor

You your bike and a costume animated character (ie. the Gecko, Mickey Mouse, Smokey Bear, McGruff well you get the idea)

You, your bike and a car older than 1940

you,your bike and a farm silo with a farm tractor..

Extra credit is given if it's a IH or Minneapolis Moline

You, Your bike and fireworks exploding in the background

You, your, bike, and a real barn roof that has been painted and says "SEE ROCK CITY"

you, your bike, in front of a giant American Flag

You, the bike and any kind of amusement park ride

you your bike and a large body of water

You your bike and a snow plow

You, your bike, and a public sign w/ the letter 'X' in it somewhere

you and your bike in front of a John Deere combine at an implement dealer

Do with the list whatever you would like.

Enjoy the ride, Scooter Bob and Karen

Scooter Bob,this has been a fun thread...We have had some slow times,but when the snow is done and over,we will get more people to participate...:cool10:

I think that the hardest part about this thread is remembering to take the camera along.:whistling::whistling::doh:

Not that it's ever happened to us.....:crackup::crackup:

We'll probably leave the camera in the bike like we did last year when we toured all 107 of the Rustic Roads in the state. Our bigger problem will be getting back to the computer. We often pack the tent and leave for a few days at a time. If this starts getting replies back too fast, we'll be 4 targets behind when we get home again.

But don't worry, we'll still have fun,

Looking forward to meeting sometime, and maybe seeing that truck collection. Have you got any from the 60s??

We'll probably leave the camera in the bike like we did last year when we toured all 107 of the Rustic Roads in the state. Our bigger problem will be getting back to the computer. We often pack the tent and leave for a few days at a time. If this starts getting replies back too fast, we'll be 4 targets behind when we get home again.

But don't worry, we'll still have fun,

Looking forward to meeting sometime, and maybe seeing that truck collection. Have you got any from the 60s??

That's cool that you were able to hit all the rustic roads.I post a link every spring to let everyone know about the rustic roads program in Wisconsin..

All of my trucks are from the '70's.....

What ABATE region do you belong to???

We are going to join 1A or 1F..We are kinda in the middle.....

Region 1I, Dodge county. I'm the region rep. Paul Vita is the rep in 1A and has really turned thing around there the last couple years. Meetings are the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30 at Kokopelli's, 6001 W Madison St, West Allis. Richie Thompson is the new Rep in 1F. His meetings are the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 at Boomers Pub and Grill N29 W24483 Watertown Rd (hwy m) Pewaukee. I'm sure either one would welcome you to a meeting without being a member yet if you want to find out what's going on in either Region.

By all means, help protect your right to ride. We just had a lobby day a couple weeks ago. Check out the pics at www.abatewis.org. Check out the calendar of events while your there.

Later, Scooter Bob

Region 1I, Dodge county. I'm the region rep. Paul Vita is the rep in 1A and has really turned thing around there the last couple years. Meetings are the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30 at Kokopelli's, 6001 W Madison St, West Allis. Richie Thompson is the new Rep in 1F. His meetings are the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 at Boomers Pub and Grill N29 W24483 Watertown Rd (hwy m) Pewaukee. I'm sure either one would welcome you to a meeting without being a member yet if you want to find out what's going on in either Region.

By all means, help protect your right to ride. We just had a lobby day a couple weeks ago. Check out the pics at www.abatewis.org. Check out the calendar of events while your there.

Later, Scooter Bob

Bob,I rode with Paul and the 1A gang last fall and had a good time...

We'll catch you and Karen this summer for sure....:happy34:

Here's the snow plow and the snowman with the helmet. Ya, it's the same bike we put 220 miles on 3 days ago. 2 days later, had to put the plow back on the truck and clean up 5 inches. Today it's nice enough and almost safe enough to ride again.

Got to love WI, Scooter Bob