IGNORED

Police corrected inaccurate report

saddlebum

As most of you know I was cut of by a car last august. initially it was deemed that the driver of the car was 100% at fault. While I was in Germany the final police report came in and based on it findings the insurance Co. decided to hold each of us 50% responsible. the other guy claimed he was in my lane all along and that I came up behind him and lost control. Despite the fact that this guy had no license (it was suspended and drove an uninsured Car borrowed from a friend, the officer gave his version more credibility then mine. She did not even show a left hand turn lane in her report nor took notice of the skid and scrape marks on the pavement which clearly backed up my version of what happened. I did up my own version of what happened included a google arial pic of the intersection indicating vehical positions and movement prior to during and after the accident. I also indicated were the the skid and scrape marks on the pavement were and pointed out that i had shown these marks to both the first officer on the scene and the officer who did the report, and sent this in to the police complaint dept. My complaint was looked into and apparently they were able to verify that there were marks . apparently the officer who took over the investigation was new and this was her first solo report and she had left this fact out of her report. As a result the police dept promptly corrected this error and kindly contacted my insurance co. who has now agreed that the other person is once again 100% at fault. They offered me a decent settlement minus $250.00 should I decide to keep my bike. needless to say I kept my bike and will soon be looking for parts to get it back together for this summer. So there is no misunderstanding I would like to point out the police involved in this were all very nice and treated me with much respect.

it took 5 months to get a cheque for the cosmetic damages on the bike. i thought it should be more, but you cant win.

the lawyer is working on the cosmetic damages for me. haha. insurance wont pay for physiotherapy, chiropractor, or the accupunture treatments. wont be back to work for a while.

i used Plastex to put all the pieces back together and also repaired the road rash. Awesome stuff, i highly recommend it.

Bongobob fixed me up with some parts and picked up a few off ebay.

all my panels are now repainted, pictures to come soon. i have to put them back on the bike now.

i have put a progressive spring on the rear shock, (boy that was interesting) put new carb diaphragms in, had the leaking rad recored, checked and replaced valve shims as needed, put an oil filter adapter on so i can use auto oil filters now, fluids changed, so the machine mechanicals are ready to go.

hope you can get yours back on the road soon, as the nice weather might be coming soon.

Scott

Hey Bum

good to hear you got it all worked out in your favor

Happy Easter

Dray

THANKS DRAY

i used Plastex to put all the pieces back together and also repaired the road rash. Awesome stuff, i highly recommend it.

Scott

DIDN'T KNOW PLASTEX WORKED ON HUMAN FLESH TRULY AMAZING STUFF:rotf::rotf:

First of all, I would like to say that I am happy for you that your efforts worked out as well as they did. It is just a shame that it seems so typical in many crash investigations that either the officer doesn't now or doesn't care to get the important details down. I just can not understand how so many of us can be involved in a crash that is not our fault and the attitude just seems to be "oh well".

Thanks for posting this as it should be an inspiration to all of us.

RandyA