IGNORED

Any Venture specific tool kit lists?

Guest Bigin

:sign **** happens: Any one have a long haul first gen specific toolkit that has proved to be adequate over the years and I dont need to pull a trailer for? Have the original factory kit but wish to supplement. Anyone filled a tire from an engine cylinder after plugging, or what works best? Canned air maybe? Any new multi purpose tools, gadgets carried for the dreaded event? Any specific electrical items other than the standard spare wire, connectors, tape, maybe multi meter etc carried? I know, I know I worry too much! Just humor me please.

My current standard venture tool kit has been added to.

I have a couple of screwdrivers...flat tip, phillips.

Good quality ratchet with extension and metric sockets. And a torx security socket for getting at the diaphrams.

Allen wrenches...good quality...will change that to the socket type I received for Christmas.

Wire, tape and connectors

fuses of all sorts

I should have a tire kit but wouldnt know how to use it anyway!

Small tire guage (won here!)

And last, I always carry around my Carb tune.

" the Stop & Go Tire Plugger Tubless Tire Repair Kit " is a very high quality kit, install a rubber plug in nail holes. but they cost about $30.00

The product called " Ride On " Sealant is about the best stuff in a can you can get.

You can also get the Large CO 2 cartarige's at most large bike shops, and the filler tool.

The fix a flat stuff at most auto stores, will take about 2 can's to air up with after fixing with the Stop and go kit.

One can will give you about 20 psi.

I just purchaced 3 bottles of the " Ride On " stuff, and am going to put into my new set of Avon's for next rideing season.

There are lots of posts on this site concerning the Ride On product.

Add, some repair wire, splice's and black tape.

C0 2 carteragis, and tool to use them.

A 1/4 drive ratchet set with a set of 6 pt. metric sockets.

Add a needle nose pliers, to the tool kit.

#2 and #3 apex allen head tips, use with a 1/4 inch socket and ratchet comes in handy.

Be sure to carry a couple extra spark plugs !!

a voltmeter, a few feet of wire, duct tape, i throw in an assortment of tie wraps, couple of bungie cords, i found a set of booster cables that are motorcycle specific and used them to start a newer pig of a bike whose charging system went south. i am like randya and also carry a mini compressor and tire plugs. a couple of screwdrivers, pliers and a few sockets specific to the bike. a cellphone, map and a compass comes in handy, still dreaming of a gps. when i go for a ride, i usually come home a day or two later. cheers,Scott