IGNORED

LED engine accent lighting

Mad Dog

Well I think over the winter I will install LED accent lighting to light up the engine .. and maybe around the bike in general. I am just looking for opinions, ad ideas... things I should consider before buying. Good product/bad product

It all seems pretty straight forward, I am thinking of green on the black cherry Venture.

Anyway I just thought I would through it out there to see if anyone had any comments.

Thanks

I bought some "cut to fit" LED lights off ebay. Like a 3 ft strip I think. If you can solder you can make the cut to fit stuff work. I mounted some on plumbing strap up under the bags. W strips under each bag. One is a running light and one is turn signal. I had about 16 inch left and mounted it under the tank. I do wish they were a bit brighter. The pod style led seem to work better for this as they are brighter I think.

I went with Joe Florida. And Im very happy, I think they were called the million light set or something but, they are all precut and worked great. Was about 200 bucks tho, but I have 2 remotes and can change it back and forth from 7 different colors. Also there are some other features like Breath and flashing. I dont use those much, but I do like the color options. My daughter loves the purple, and theres also red, white, yellow, blue, ice blue, and green. Ill try to post some pictures in the next day or so, working lots this week because of people off on vacay, I did alot of research on leds and this was the best and most reliable deal out there. And wow-- I absalutly love em

oh by the way, The kit I mentioned was for the whole bike, not just engine accents. There are 2 that went under the trunk, 2 long ones that went under the motor for ground effect, 2 that went inside the front forks to light up tire, and 4 for the motor, shortest ones were 6 inchs and ranged up to 16 for under the bike. may have been 2 for rear tire too, would have to check

• 1 month later...