IGNORED

Too many leaves

Venturous Randy

Randy, what do you do with them?

I use a similar method; here we rake them onto a tarp and then drag it to the curb so the leaf-sucking truck can come by and vacuum them up.

Yep, that's how we do it here. About the only advantage living in the city limits. I have a surprisingly strong electric leaf blower I use to pile most of them up and I have a large gas powered with about an 8 HP motor on it that I pull around behind my lawn mower that really moves a lot of leaves.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

I tow an 880 Trac-Vac behind my gravely 816 tractor, chop em up with the mower deck and the trac vac shreds them more and vacuums them up. Fast & Easy.

[video=youtube;d3ct-_1zN_w]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ragtop69gs

I have 25 giant oak trees in my front yard.It takes me 2 hours everytime with a backpack blower.I have a Mexican friend come over and in 30 minutes he can rake the yard that takes me 2 hours to blow.I have another yard that is so steep I have to use chains on my mower to cut the grass.Last year I rolled my mower end over end and now he weed eats the yard in 15 minutes.I have another bank that is so steep I hired a rent a goat and it came over and looked at the bank and got back on the trailer.I have an electric blower that I have to use every day on the patio or we cannot get to the house because the leaves are too high.

I have 25 giant oak trees in my front yard.It takes me 2 hours everytime with a backpack blower.I have a Mexican friend come over and in 30 minutes he can rake the yard that takes me 2 hours to blow.I have another yard that is so steep I have to use chains on my mower to cut the grass.Last year I rolled my mower end over end and now he weed eats the yard in 15 minutes.I have another bank that is so steep I hired a rent a goat and it came over and looked at the bank and got back on the trailer.I have an electric blower that I have to use every day on the patio or we cannot get to the house because the leaves are too high.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It sounds like the tool missing from your arsenal is a chain saw..........

I'm with ya.

I live in the woods with about an acre cleared around the house. I blow them with a parking lot blower (8hp Kohler on it), until they get too deep to blow, then rake them onto a tarp and drag them into the woods and dump them.

I've got it just about beat this year, but I wonder if I'm gonna be able to keep this up when I'm a old timer.

Hopefully I'll be outta here before I get to the point where I can't handle it.

(Gonna retire to a different locale) Small place in Central PA for the Summer, and Central FL for the Winter.:fingers-crossed-emo

Wife wants to move near the Outer Banks, but I doubt we'll be able to afford that.

I like having a lot of trees around my house, but this time of year becomes a lot of work. I have already hauled about 15 loads of leaves on a tough vinyl sheet that is about 8 by 18 that I load as high as my lawn tractor. This about what one load looks like.

RandyA

Looks like you really got it down to a system -------I'll PM you my address so you will know were to go next.:whistling:

I have 25 giant oak trees in my front yard.

I know how you feel.. Our old house had 29 huge oak trees...I got to where I hated fall due to all the leaves so we sold out and moved.

Now we do not have one tree in our yard and I love it..