IGNORED

No start . A little help/advice

Okay I haven't seen the bike yet. Boychild called while I was out of town. 96 RS(A) Lights work, neutral light comes on, when you hit the start a single CLICK from lower left side. Tried a jump same issue. Supposedly charged the battery, same issue. Am I looking at a solenoid failure? Or the dreaded ignition switch by pass remedy? Heading over later today to look at, try to fix, shoot it!

:95:

Try dis-connecting the battery and go straight jumper cables to battery cables, If the battery plates are shorting out, it will not take a jump. check terminal connections also, dirty/ corroded cables can do this also.

Good Luck

Bill

So I went over finally. Took off the side cover, and used a pair of insulated pliers and bypassed the solenoid (jumper pos cable to starter cable direct) starter came on no problem. took off the clutch interlock and cleaned and lubed it. Now if I hit the starter I get the click, but if I hit it multiple times eventually the solenoid will connect and it will start right up. I assume that the solenoid is weak or on the way out, ordered another one today off Ebay ($11.00) will be here Saturday. Also while cleaning contacts and what not on both handlebar switches I saw that one of the throttle cables is broken. Its:7_6_3[1]: the one on the front side of the bar. which one is this? the pull or push cable? and how hard is it to change?