IGNORED

Taught Myself A Lesson

Chaharly

So I work a weekend shift which has some pretty weird hours. We work 5 to 5 friday and saturday and 12 noon to 12 midnight on sundays.

Well it was too beautiful outside yesterday to NOT take the bike to work and I was right. It was a nice ride! So anyways we finish up work and a co-worker and I stop at a buddy's for about an hour after work. When we're ready to leave I ask my co worker if i can follow him home, because I'd much rather follow a car in the middle of the night than be out by meself (or so i thought).

So we take off and about 5 miles from town I'm riding about 500 ft behind him give or take. And he dries over a huge dead raccoon! He went right over, didnt hit his brakes or swerve or signal in anyway and by the time that i saw the coon in the road it was too late to swerve so I grabbed on tight. I've never hit anything that made me bounce like that before i swear it felt like the front wheel came off the ground.

:322:

Anyways it just made me think about how easy it is to wreck on a bike. If i would have tried to swerve or have been on a smaller bike I probably could've went down. I decided after that to let him get a quarter mile ahead of me and just rode home that way. Turns out following a car and trying to use his headlights just doesnt work very well. :confused24:

Anyways i havent looked at the bike in the light yet, but if there's any damage i'll let you guys know:fingers-crossed-emo

That brought back a memory. Years ago one hot summer afternoon on the way home from work, I was following a car as we topped a hill that I was going t pass if clear. All of a sudden the car passed over a possum that was very swollen up and I centered it. :no-no-no:

It was so bad that I had to stop on the way home at a spray carwash and wash me and the bike off. Yep, I will never forget that one.

RandyA

I had a buddy who went down and broke his arm, so I waited with him for the ambulance in the middle of nowhere. I was following them to the Hospital at a high rate of speed when they hit a deer and went over it (I think it was already dead). I saw it in just enough time to aim my 2006 R6 at its kneck. So I ramped a deer. I always stay back from vehicles now.

I think about staying out of the center of the lane. Everything that drips or falls off can stay right there in there center. Oil, muffler parts ,recaps and dead things. A couple of weeks ago going to P.I.P . during a down pour I just missed a giant racoon dead in the road didn't' see it and shouldn't have ridding in that hard of rain . If I can see through their wind shield I don't mind following behind but always a ways back.

That brought back a memory. Years ago one hot summer afternoon on the way home from work, I was following a car as we topped a hill that I was going t pass if clear. All of a sudden the car passed over a possum that was very swollen up and I centered it. :no-no-no:

It was so bad that I had to stop on the way home at a spray carwash and wash me and the bike off. Yep, I will never forget that one.

RandyA

Ohh man I bet the dogs were smelling you fierce when you got home!:225:

I had a buddy who went down and broke his arm, so I waited with him for the ambulance in the middle of nowhere. I was following them to the Hospital at a high rate of speed when they hit a deer and went over it (I think it was already dead). I saw it in just enough time to aim my 2006 R6 at its kneck. So I ramped a deer. I always stay back from vehicles now.

Well if the deer wasnt dead before, we know it is now

I thumped a groundhog with both tires while ascending beartooth pass , 2up pulling a trailer, felt like the bike jumped 2 feet in the air. 4 days later after coming back over the beartooth I nailed a deer at dusk on the outskirts of Red Lodge :doh:

It was a fun hunting trip :rolleyes:

You got a couple confirmed kills for sure

You got a couple confirmed kills for sure

Actually only one, the deer jumped up and ran off with my headlight and passing lamp visors embedded in its hind quarters :banghead: if you ever hunt the red lodge area and bag a deer with safety chrome, please return my trinkets :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2