IGNORED

Winter be Damned, got out on the scoot yesterday!

Ozmonster

Hey all,

After the snow storm that hit us last week, we were all begining to think that spring would never get here. Well had to work yesterday, got to the freighter at 0700, still a little dark and cold out, got on board, up to the bowthruster room and down into the engine room. Put on the classic rock and got to it, by 1300 had run out of things to do, so decided to pack it in. Got up on deck and WOW ! What a beautiful day, +7 C/ 42 F, sunny and next to no wind. Raced home, chizzled the ice from in front of the garage, wheeled out the scoot, a quick charge to the battery while I showered, and fired her up. Got the gear on, and headed out for a ride, drove down to Milton, around town, then the clouds moved in, and headed home. Was laughing and smiling the whole time, got a number of looks like I'd lost my mind from the cagers, but like the song says, " if you don't ride, you don't know ". Can't wait for the real thing to finally get here.

Oz

The weather has been OK for short rides here in suburban Chicago. My bike is still at my brother's in Michigan. We trailered from there to Daytona and back week before last. I'm going this week to ride it home though the temps look like mid-40s at best. I'll take mid-40s as long as it's dry. The riding season has begun!

:cool10:

Ken

Got the royal star out Saturday and went to the harley shops open house to get a free hot dog. Figured I would go to the local Costco to get a tomato so I could make my wife a nice salad for dinner that night. Tried all the samples at Costco and forgot the tomato. The temp was about 40 degrees so I decided to stop at the local grocery store in town on my way home. It felt so good to be out, I decided to go to a store in Novi (about 15 miles). Got to Novi and it was so nice to be out riding, I decided to go out to a grocery store in Howell (about 25 miles). Bought the tomato in howell and took the back way home. About a 100 miles in all. Best tomato we ever had.:322:

Got the royal star out Saturday and went to the harley shops open house to get a free hot dog. Figured I would go to the local Costco to get a tomato so I could make my wife a nice salad for dinner that night. Tried all the samples at Costco and forgot the tomato. The temp was about 40 degrees so I decided to stop at the local grocery store in town on my way home. It felt so good to be out, I decided to go to a store in Novi (about 15 miles). Got to Novi and it was so nice to be out riding, I decided to go out to a grocery store in Howell (about 25 miles). Bought the tomato in howell and took the back way home. About a 100 miles in all. Best tomato we ever had.:322:

I've done the same. Gone out for a haircut, weather's great...get home 200-300 miles later........forgot to get the haircut!

:rotf:

Last week I finally got my first ride since the snow started piling up last November. Finally, after nearly five months of snow and ice and then a few days of mud, the road was clear enough to make the 5 mile trek to the pavement!:cool10: What a grand and glorious ride. :cool10:

Since then it's been intermittant snow and constant mud. I can hardly wait until things dry out enough to get to the pavement again!

Long hours at work then when I get a day either the weather is bad or we I am stuck at the table with school work. But I promised my wife that if the weather permits... this Saturday we will ride. Georgia has had some decent days (between tornados) to ride.

It has been three weeks since our last adVenture. My Yamahorse grows impatient

Got out on a bike yesterday afternoon, not mine though (still waiting a couple of parts). I want to change out steering neck bearings, so front end is mostly apart. So I got out on a friends 750 Maxim, he asked me if I wanted a fix & tossed me the keys, when I went to his place to start working on the scoot. It was only a short ride (about 10 miles), but I got some work done to the scoot, as well.

The parking lot at the barracks is still covered in ice, there has been some flurries this week, but melted the same days. So things are starting to look up condition wise around here........

Ahhhhh, I feel soooo much better. Sun is shining, temp around -1C, wind chill -6C, what the hell, got geared up, took the cover off the RSMV, pulled her out of the garage, said good-bye to the misses, 1 1/2 hrs. and 140km later came back home. What a glorious feeling to get in the first ride of the season.

Like I said, I feel soooo much better.:sign woo hoo: