IGNORED

A good woman needs help.

Monty

I don't usually do this, but she is in dire need. My Cousin Laura is a disabled single mom living in Florida. She is a substitute teacher who is out of work for the summer. Her husband had mental issues that he didn't keep under control, and wasn't safe to be around anymore, so they divorced a while back, leaving her to take care of everything herself. She lives partly on disability, as she lost a leg to cancer at a really young age. For some reason, her disability was reduced, making it harder for her to get by. When school starts back up, she will be ok. For now, she is really hurting, trying to make ends meet. She has a heart of gold, and would do anything she could to help someone out. She is just in a rough patch right now.

I just brought this here, because I know how many big-hearted people are in this group. If you can spare a nickel, please help her out. If not, that's fine too.

Please visit this link.http://www.gofundme.com/bfgb7s

Below is a pic of her with Danny Thomas giving her an award for her volunteer work at St. Jude, trying to repay them for all that they did for her during her life.

I feel that I need to say something here. I usually would not allow this type of post as I feel that our members have been very generous in helping each other when it was needed. I don't want to make it a habit of folks trying to raise money for friends, family, etc. We have some kind hearted people here but we can only do so much.

That being said, I know Monty very well and I know that he would not have done this if it wasn't absolutely weighing on him to do so. He is one of the good guys and I respect him much. I kind of wish that he had contacted me and ran it by me first but I understand that it was an emotional plea and none of that crossed his mind.

So, I will just say a prayer for this lady and send my own contribution. I hope it helps and that she is back on her feet soon.

Don

I know she has said it, but I want to personally thank everyone who has helped her out. She is alot closer to her goal, thanks to the VR members. You have helped to make a distraught woman very happy. She has a positive outlook about making it through the summer now.

Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Giving, caring, and working together is what makes this place so darn special !!

Boomer....who sez true friends are the ones who reach out to you when the need arises. Give yerself a pat on the back Monty...You are truly one of the good guys here.:cool10: