IGNORED

Question for the RETIRED!!!

Huggy

around 8am get up, turn on coffee, turn on computer, check emails, get a cup of coffee, check VR, GL1800, FB, VRFB, play game of hearts, get more coffee...

Get dressed, open garage door, decide what I want to do today..tinker in garage, or go for ride...eat lunch, check computer sites again, watch TV, eat dinner, walk neighborhood, have my ice cream, take shower go to bed..

Its a rough life..

Eck...I love it. That sounds similar to my day as well.

Up early...throw open the shades, make the coffee. If it's nice, I go sit outside and enjoy the view with my first cup. Read a little. Watch a few minutes of the local news to see the weather. Take an exercise walk around development.

Make breakfast and another cup. Then open garage door, walk around both bikes...smile. Check my to do list and start my day with house/bike stuff. When done, take shower and go out and do outdoor stuff.,,ya know..shopping, etc..

And so on....ride when weather says "yes", do whatever, whenever. Volunteer for local groups.

And in between all that, check emails, Venture site, talk to friends around country and eat!

Not bored at all....always something to do.

Hannah and I are usually up 0500-0530. Pee, brush teeth, pick up newspaper while Poocher does her doggie morning stuff, sit on the deck (weather permitting) with coffee and listen to the birds gossiping. Two cuppas later, inside with the TV news/weather while I peruse the paper and then do the crossword and sometimes the jumble. About 0730, fire up the computer and check email/FB. After that.....?????

Yesterday for the ????? part we rode about 125 miles up around Rugby, TN and back home. Today I have an FRA meeting this morning and I have two slabs of ribs being prepared for supper, my Super Sis is coming over. :)

Retired is great!! but the pay is pathetic!!

well get up do the business take pills go outside think of something to do. going to have to get a parttime job as retirement package is low because of insurance for both of us eats a big chunk. but still glad I retired from gov work

For example .......today....get up, make coffee, fetch newspaper, sit on deck and read paper with coffee. Later I will take the rat rod to a rockabilly concert and rod show in Chemainus. Back in time to have pizza and beer on the deck and watch the sun go down. Rarely wear a wrist watch any more. Did I mention the boss is out of town?

never a day with a dull moment.

just finished this AM wrestling with a past due maple tree in the yard for a good part of 3 days, man did it have a bunch of gnarly roots.

looking after my 3 young grandaughters the rest of the week and xing' the T's for a 3 week ride down east shortly after. (Gaspe Qc, NB & Maine).

yes, as previously mentioned, life is great.

Usual get up a 5am not by choice body just wakes up, 2hrs watering plants maybe go out in the kayak for a while, wait for VR member to show up to go for a ride but nobody shows up do a little work around the place and enjoy it ,not like when I was working

Hey Big Lenny- I am not retired and I am going to be in Little Rock this week - 7-14 through friday.

Any chance we can connect up?

My phone number is in my profile. I am landing about 4ish - Monday 7-14 Have Monday Tues and Thur even available. I will have a car.

Would be great to hear first hand about "retirement" - too bad I will never see it personally.

VentureFar...

12 days and then I can answer.

:bobby:

Reminds me of the Army when someons time to get out was getting near you would hear them shout "SHORT" and announce the number of days left. Almost all ways someone else would shout "SHORTER' and announce their remaing time. Allways got the guys with years left grumbling.

OK just wondering how the retired among us start their day.

How I start my day was one of the biggest changes I had with retirement in 2011. Before, I worked shift work and my work week looked something like... 4-12, 3-11, 1-9, 8-4, 7-3 So my body relied on an alarm clock for 25 years. Shortly after retiring, my body got into a rhythm were I woke up between 6am and 7am each day on my own. But I also found that I was ready for bed by 11pm each night unlike my working days when I often was still up at 1:30am.

My days always starts with a full glass of water followed by my one cup of strong coffee for the day. I usually do what I am doing now. Catch up on emails, forum posts, and do any other work on my laptop.

In summer my days are filled with volunteering as an assistant scoutmaster, riding, fishing, boating, hiking, volunteer for our HOA, and as little yard work as I can possibly get by with. I also try to spend as much time with my sons as I can. They are 18 and 16 and only have a little time left with them as 'kids'. Since i do all my own wrenching and both my sons now have cars... I also find myself doing or supervising a lot of work in my garage.... which I actually enjoy most of the time. I hated it when I had to find time for that... but now, time isn't as much a commodity.

I still hope to get a beater CB750 and restore to a cafe racer. My sons and I did a cb750 sidecar rig a few years ago and it was a fun family project. But for now... I have enough to keep me busy. Once the kids move on... I can see me doing more projects like this.

Late fall through spring, the first couple years I found myself getting very bored and sitting in the recliner WAY too much since most of the things I like to do are summer activities with the exception of hunting. So.. I got a part time job from September to April each year at Lowes selling appliances. This is the perfect gig for me.

Edited by Venturous

I took a job at 9-1-1 and gave the PD 5 weeks notice. I retired on a friday, had a blow out party saturday, cleaned up on sunday and went to work at 9-1-1 on Monday. It's more work that the PD job with very little time off but I am collecting a pension and earning a second ( partial) pension for my full time retired status.

Usual get up a 5am not by choice body just wakes up, 2hrs watering plants maybe go out in the kayak for a while, wait for VR member to show up to go for a ride but nobody shows up do a little work around the place and enjoy it ,not like when I was working

Now who's fault is that????????:think:

Retired?? let's see.

I get up when I wake up, bathroom, and then coffee with weather, news and VR site. Then check to see if my dearie is awake yet and get some breakie, and then I look to see what's on the menu for the day,,,, if there is nothing then I might go for a ride to find something. Lunch is between 12 and 3 with supper planned for around 6 to 7pm, but first a snooze to make sure that part still works,,, can't let it not be working, that could be detrimental to ones health. After supper I'll decide that what was not done today will now have to wait until tomorrow, and while deciding it's always good to consider the bike and or maybe even take it on a test ride just to make sure and put in some fresh gas,,,, it just don't like old gas, so that's a necessary operation, one never knows when one might need the scoot in an emergency.

During all this time I wait for snow,,,, I know, your thinking SNOW? in the summer time???? yep!! got to be ready, you just never know,,, and it's only a few months away. Tractors need to be serviced, upgraded, checked out, and planning needs to be done,,,,, it's a large load for one man to carry, but somebody has to do it. :happy65:

Oh,,, sorry, you wanted to know what I do with my day??? I fix things, and sometimes when I fix something it even works,,, amazing!!!

Been retired now for about 10 years.

I was thinking about this a couple weeks ago, I have only done " Nothing " for maby 2 entire days since re tireing !!

I have been thinking about looking for a job, now that I am 71, I need to get some rest !!!

Just to darn much work to do around the house :whistling::whistling:

It's only been 4 months- have several projects started- yard work- wood work- fixing lawn mowers and edger - fish a little, hunt a little- oh yeah, ride three bikes.( not all at the same time.):cool10: Sure beats working! I even go antique shopping with my wife. She is the one that needs help- She has to put up with me. Back to the original question- I still get up at 5am- breakfast is PNB and honey on toast- with a Pepsi or iced tea. I like to heat up the grill once a week and cook enough for the rest of the week. Life is good-God likes me- we don't know why some days- but he does.

Richard

I start my day off with a good cup of coffee. Today was another work day so I'm taking the next two off. Next detailing isn't till Thursday.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/hu5useju.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/ge2e4ede.jpg

Edited by Skid