IGNORED

Medication CAUTION!

bknsaddle

This morning in North Alabama was absolutely perfect for riding - 70 deg and not even a hint of humidity. Had my coffee and decided I didn't want to waste a minute of this beautiful day. Got dressed, and took my morning meds as I did a quick pass through the kitchen, on the way to the garage.

Well, three miles from the house, as I was basking in the glory of being on two wheels on such a great day, it happened. I was stopped at a light, and it seemed like everything went into slow motion. I felt the bike leaning over to the left, slowly going down, and I had no way to stop it. It kind of layed itself down gently. Suddenly, I was standing there next to the bike in the middle of the road. A bystander ran over and helped me pick it up, I thanked him and off I went for about 4 hours of pure enjoyment.

Now the odd thing is that after returning home I realized that I could not remember what route I took in the first few hours of the ride or why the hell I did not stop after the bike decided to take its nap. While I am getting the CRS syndrome, I have never drawn a blank like this.....

Then, on a pass back through the kitchen, I noticed that the Fri. PM compartment on my weekly pill container was open. I stared at that little square compartment for several moments.....trying to tell myself that I did not take my evening meds this morning. It was clear that I had, in fact, done so, and as my evening meds contain sleep medication, I put myself and others on the road in significant jeopardy today.

Attention to detail, attention to detail, attention to detail!

I will be paying a lot more attention to detail when I take my meds from now on!