IGNORED

Smoke fairing protectors??

EasyRider

Has anyone seen the fairing protectors which are clear and attach to the large fairing in smoke (tinted?) Would be happy to find the clear for less than $60.00 a piece on pinwall. Mine have what apears to be water marks or rock white stress marks on the which don't come off.:fingers-crossed-emo

Youll have to educate me on a "fairing protector" When I google it it shows up sport bike stuff. Whats it do? Whats it look like. Got a link?

I think he is referring to the wind deflectors at the bottom of the upper fairing. I have not seen any tinted but have seen a couple sets painted and at least one set Chrome.

OH OK lowers. I have made some of my own before on a 900 Vulcan. They were easy as they were flat lexan. The ones on the forks of the RSV wouldn't be bad. But I dont think the average guy could fabricate the ones attached to the faring.

Yea, you can definitely spray-paint them (inside)....or you can get tinting film (the one used to tint car windows) and apply to it. You can find different darkness levels at auto parts stores. Or you can do it on a real cheap - stop by the car window tinting place, they will have a bunch of left-overs that will be that size, I'm sure some will be mirror coated too....

I think he is referring to the wind deflectors at the bottom of the upper fairing. I have not seen any tinted but have seen a couple sets painted and at least one set Chrome.

Your right about location and I got the term fairing protectors from the yamaha parts list at partszilla. Will try the window tint suggestion first. :fingers-crossed-emo