IGNORED

Does this happen to anyone else?

garyw

I was up in Lake Geneva Wis. this afternoon. Very busy town. I found parking space to share with a Harley. This guy had just parked and welcomed me to share his spot, pretty cool. When I came back there was a 3rd bike, another Harley parked there. When I hit the starter nothing happened, the kill switch had been moved. This has happened to me before, ONLY when parked among Harleys! I realize it is a harmless prank and have always just passed it off as such but I have to admit it is becoming annoying to say the least. Do these knuckleheads actually think this throws anyone into an OMG what do I do mode for more than a 1/2 second or so? Or do they want every bike to share in a won't start for no apparent reason like a Harley? I have not and will not ever lower myself to retaliate in any way but once I would like to actually catch one of these A-holes in the act. I can assure you that my bike will be the last bike he ever puts his hands on. Just venting here but I find it so disrespectful for anyone to touch another guys bike I am just steamed! :225:

Coworker - HD rider would do that to my Venture but all in fun after a while it was getting old as I told him enough is enough well guess what he did it again so I figured ok it's my turn. To this point I never messed with his ride well that was about to change!

While he was out working I took some used motor oil and poured a very small amount under his engine mind you this HD still under warranty so as he returned he saw the oil afaird to start it he loaded it up and went to the dealer and all chk out? again day or two later oil spot returned? Again loaded up cycle and dealer he went this went on for say three weeks one day he came by the garage asking me if I might know what to look for as for leak? I stated no not really besides the oil leak would soon stop and he asked whys that? As I held up a qt oil bottle stating it's almost empty

Needless to say he never messed with my ride any more !

I was up in Lake Geneva Wis. this afternoon. Very busy town. I found parking space to share with a Harley. This guy had just parked and welcomed me to share his spot, pretty cool. When I came back there was a 3rd bike, another Harley parked there. When I hit the starter nothing happened, the kill switch had been moved. This has happened to me before, ONLY when parked among Harleys! I realize it is a harmless prank and have always just passed it off as such but I have to admit it is becoming annoying to say the least. Do these knuckleheads actually think this throws anyone into an OMG what do I do mode for more than a 1/2 second or so? Or do they want every bike to share in a won't start for no apparent reason like a Harley? I have not and will not ever lower myself to retaliate in any way but once I would like to actually catch one of these A-holes in the act. I can assure you that my bike will be the last bike he ever puts his hands on. Just venting here but I find it so disrespectful for anyone to touch another guys bike I am just steamed! :225:

The disrespect of the day that we live in is incredible... On the other hand, maybe I am an old school fool that is stuck in a time period that touching someone elses bike without asking permission was license for a genuine - real deal butt kickin.. Of course, now with laws being what they are,, if you broke someones nose for messin with your bike you would spend time for it..:confused24: Of course, there are some things more important than staying out of jail:stickpoke:

I have it so ingrained in me that even if I am in a dealership showroom I ask permission from the sales people before I touch/sit....

My oh my how things have changed..:backinmyday:

Coworker - HD rider would do that to my Venture but all in fun after a while it was getting old as I told him enough is enough well guess what he did it again so I figured ok it's my turn. To this point I never messed with his ride well that was about to change!

While he was out working I took some used motor oil and poured a very small amount under his engine mind you this HD still under warranty so as he returned he saw the oil afaird to start it he loaded it up and went to the dealer and all chk out? again day or two later oil spot returned? Again loaded up cycle and dealer he went this went on for say three weeks one day he came by the garage asking me if I might know what to look for as for leak? I stated no not really besides the oil leak would soon stop and he asked whys that? As I held up a qt oil bottle stating it's almost empty

Needless to say he never messed with my ride any more !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65: EXCELLENT!!!

Covered all the bases Buddy and NEVER touched his bike. My friend,,,, it dont get no better than that - YOU DA MAN!!

On my way to Sturgis S.D. I stopped to eat and had my bike parked on main street at a restaurant in Carney Nebraska in the late 70's.

I was parked about 1/4 block away lots of other bikes around. Never ever would think anyone would mess with my stuff cause I don't mess with other peoples. Just not how I was raised so I Went to leave and someone had used a cigarette to burn a bunch of holes in the lining of my helmet. Needless to say I never left anything on the bike or my helmet in the helmet lock unless I could plainly see the bike. I hate parking my bike anywhere I can not see it.

Just to many A-holes out here

It probably would throw me for a loop and a bit of panic. I dont use the kill switch to shut off. I have accidently hit it in the garage working on something and then next day when I go to start...... nothing. Makes me think hard there for a few minutes. SO I guess you could shut the bike off with the kill switch in those situations, then the joke is on them.

I liked the oil joke though, thats classic.

I rented a 2004 goldwing for a few days and a couple of different wing riders told me their favorite prank is to push the reverse button. Bike won't start with the reverse button on. If it ain't yours don't touch it! Didn't we learn that in pre-school?

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had it happen to me a couple of times, mostly at group event rides. But I've got so used to checking it before I start the bike it never bothers me anymore. Never associated it with Harley riders but could be. Maybe it's part of the Harley riders course :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I was at a bike show last year and two identical HD's came in parked on each side of mine. They left the show before it was over and when I went to get on mine to leave there was three knife holes in the seat, I know one of them did it as they stood by the bikes looking mine over for a while before they left. If I would have seen them do it he would have had to walk or crawl home or I'd be in jail yet today.

I was at a bike show last year and two identical HD's came in parked on each side of mine. They left the show before it was over and when I went to get on mine to leave there was three knife holes in the seat, I know one of them did it as they stood by the bikes looking mine over for a while before they left. If I would have seen them do it he would have had to walk or crawl home or I'd be in jail yet today.

That is going way too far, I can forgive the kill switch or misaligned mirror bit damaging a bike is way overboard.

Years ago I was with a guy who was on a Goldwing and we parked our bikes together.

I put my helmet in the trunk. He just hung his on handle bar.

When we came back someone poured their drink into the guys helmet..

He was no slouch either and I'm glad he didn't catch the guy who did it.. :whistling:

Notice I did not say anything about a Harley rider... all I said was someone poured the drink in the helmet. Could have been a female for all we knew.:confused24:

It used to be the unwritten rule about not touching or messing with another's bike. Fortunately I haven't been around these A holes...I will say this, I am very respectful, but when you mess with my stuff that I busted my hump to own and maintain, that's not acceptable. If I ever witness that crap to my bike, let's just say, the person who did that would not have a pleasant day.

Edited by Barrycuda
I like to spell correctly whenever possible