IGNORED

Tire mounting costs - link

Eck

Just a heads up here. This was just posted on another site and thought I would share it here for those who it may help. This is REALLY cheap to mount a tire nowadays..

King George Tire in King George VA will mount mc or ct for $10 if you carry in your rim/tire. They will put your beads and valve stems in too.

Then I found this link that was found to be interesting..

http://murgie.com/installers.pdf

That is good info Eck but nothing in WV.

It cost me about $1,200.00 last year to mount my tires. I bought a Gem-Mar tire changer so I would not have to run 40 miles and spend $40.00 to get them done. For three bikes it can get salty.

Mounting new mc tires manually is easy. Done it many times. Dismounting old tires is the problem. Same for car/truck tires. I can mount new 235/75-15 truck tires with my bare hands in one smooth motion (wheel clamped).

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

When a friend was in the area, the valve stem on his front got a leak, would hold air for an hour or so.

We found out same thing about Cycle Gear. They were only $15 plus about $3 for the stem.

The one here in Columbia, SC even lent us their MC Jack to pull it in the parking lot.

In fact, their jack bottle went bad and they took a jack out if the box and assembled it for us to use.

I normally think of them for sport bikes but they treated a couple old guys like they were Royal Stars. haha.

Mike G.

Just a heads up here. This was just posted on another site and thought I would share it here for those who it may help. This is REALLY cheap to mount a tire nowadays..

King George Tire in King George VA will mount mc or ct for $10 if you carry in your rim/tire. They will put your beads and valve stems in too.

Then I found this link that was found to be interesting..

http://murgie.com/installers.pdf

King George, VA is only 23 miles away. gonna need tires in a few months... I'll check them out to see if this is legit...... Thanks for the heads-up Eck.:happy34: