IGNORED

New tire on and 1st thing my wife said

If you came off a well worn tire, as from your pics it appears you did, your back in heaven. Getting off a flattened center section back onto a round one is a huge change.

I can't compare other brands after being on Avon's since 2006 but they will tell you quickly if you've lost even a few pounds pressure. Feel changes quickly from nimble to gonna dance.

But IMHO the only tire pressure on a Venom to use is the recommended pressure on the sidewall. Got 20k miles out of mine.

Enjoy them. Your wife has good taste in tires.

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

I think I'm going back to Avons. I like my E3's but they absolutely suck on wet roads..:depressed:

Ah geesh. LOL. Just got my notice my new tire is "out for delivery". And of course it's raining. Again. And the new tire is an E3.

Guess I'm gonna find out. Hard to scuff up a new tire and make decent chicken strips in the rain.

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

I have to admit, the bike handles so well it seems NIMBLE....
:sign yeah that:I love the avons, just don't get the mileage out of them that I do the E3's. I gave the E3's a second chance and the second set is just as slippery in rain as the first set but they last forever....I'm done though. Back to Avons for me for I ride year round and rain is no big deal unless you can't make it stick. The E3's on a dry day are great and within a week the chicken strips are gone. I guess you can't have the best of both worlds longer wear or soft and sticky. I choose soft and sticky for my riding style demands it.

Odd - I've had E3's on my RSV and have done quite a bit of rain riding with them with no problem. Then again, I usually take it easy on a wet road as it is more difficult to tell if there's something on it besides water. I have iht slippery spots that showed heavy stains of some sort when the road dried up so it would seem it was something else that caused he problem rather than the tire. In fact, I just replaced my front this week and, of course, given this season's weather, I've already had to ride it in the rain. No problems.

Andy