IGNORED

2 Pics of my 2008 goldwing

Barrycuda

I'll be watching your thread here, when I recently bought my 07 RSV the other bike I had my eye on was a 05 GW. In the short teast drive I had with both bikes the RSV seemed more intuitive after riding a cruiser for 7 years so I went with that.

But the GW was very nice too, so I'll be interested in your thoughts on it after you get some miles in since you actually spent some time on ther RSV (unlike most of the Review sites that do the VS comparisons where they ride them for a day).

OH and Great looking bike, and as everyone has said a awesome wife! :322:

Thank you for the nice words about my bike and wife. Both look and sound great :cool10:

I will periodically put posts on about my adventures with the wing, but I wonder how many REALLY want to hear about my tales? That said, anyone who wants to know, can certainly ask here, or PM me or email me or better yet, come by!!

Congratulations on the new ride Barry. Nice, clean bike you have there...Alan loves his Goldwing F6B.

I would like to send my best wishes to your wife, KC, and hope she finds employment soon.

Thank you Awesome Aussie Annie ( triple A or A3 ) She is doing better than expected considering the circumstances. It just is bad timing with us try to get the house pushed through. She is great at her job and already has things in position. cross your fingers from down under !! It was very tempting to get the FB6, but with many of them without ABS, and none of them with reverse, it seems a bit pricey. again, I will be open minded with this one and if I its not for me, then i will be first to admit. but I am the type of, I have to try and not say, if only I tried...

Congratulations Barry !!

are sure not going to miss the tape player ?????

Wife priceless

I almost kept the bike just because of the cassette Gaucho! Wife is very priceless

Barry, give it time and you will find comfort on the wing. I too went from an RSV to a GW. When it was time to replace the RSV I just couldn't see buying another new bike with a 15 year old design. The RSV had better comfort due to the peg position. That can be mostly cured with some good highway pegs. The drivetrain performance and handling are far superior on the GW. Once you get used to the button placement everything is intuitive. It took me a while to get used to it but now 500 mile days are no problem.

Enjoy it.

Dennis

Dennis, thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence. As we sit here I do have a set of highway pegs from P.O. but still had knees bent. So I added a kuryakyn set above it to add comfort for entire leg extended and feet on them. I ran 300+ mile day trips on RSV very often without any difficulties regarding seat time. My last "Florida" meet and eat, I racked up a grand total of 428 miles. just for a brunch...

Nice bike....... but it sounds like an even better wife.

Mike

Mike,

she is really incredible and I am extremely fortunate. We almost never fight, and get along fantastic. She is easy going and laid back. I know I messed up a lot in my life, but marrying her isn't one of them!! I just want her to meet all of you because I always brag about you guys to her and her to you. Once children are older or we can get away, with or without kiddies we certainly will try to meet all of y'all...

You have a beautiful family Barry.

Just don't let the GW take time away from them.....:stickpoke::thumbsup2:

Eck,

Thank you for the kind words.

I am a master juggler. I have many plates spinning and I do not usually neglect the family. That's why I can't or don't make many of the bigger events. Family comes first. Just so happens the GW is now part of the family...:whistling: