IGNORED

2 Pics of my 2008 goldwing

Barrycuda

I will take more pics this week. One sad part...2 days after I sold my RSV and picked this up, my wife lost her job. THAT SUCKS!!! but when I said I would immediately sell this bike, she adamantly said NO. You do so much for everyone, this is for you. (what a gal)

some fun facts about the wing...

mileage as of being transferred to me: 28,885

It's never been down, always garaged, no scratches, dings, tears or fading anywhere. Tires look like new.

The brake sensor recall was completed successfully. The Honda extended warranty expires December 15, 2014. Serviced every 4,000 miles with synthetic oil. The Kuryakyn chrome hitch was used for a small Rivco luggage carrier and never pulled a trailer.

Standard equipment includes AM/FM radio with weather band, electronic reverse, cruise control, electronic headlight adjustment, 5 speed transmission, adjustable air ride suspension, intercom system and MP3 Player port with MP3 player using SD card .

This is the level 3 model, meaning that in addition to the above standard items, a premium sound system is included, as well as the

"Comfort Package" (heated seats, heated grips and toe heaters) and also the in-dash large display GPS system and ABS brakes.

Additionally accessories have been added (partial list below):

Honda CB Radio

Honda CB Antenna

Kuryakyn Shark Gill Fairing Accent

Kuryakyn Chrome Fairing Intake

Garmin GPS Map Update

Honda 12v Accessory Socket

Muth Turning Signals

Show Chrome Deluxe Luggage Rack

Kuryakyn Lighted Trunk Molding

Kuryakyn Lighted Saddle Bag Molding

Tulsa Mirror Air Deflectors Tulsa X-Tall Windshield w/Vent ( have the shorter one also)

Honda Lower Fog Lights

Honda Lighted Trunk Spoiler w/brake

Utopia Driver’s Backrest

Kuryakyn Passenger Transformer Floorboards and Kuryakyn hwy pegs

Fish Chrome Kickstand

Tulsa 2-Piece Belly Pan

Kuryakyn Rotor Covers & LED Wheel Of Fire

Kuryakyn Lighted Chrome Cruise Boards

Kuryakyn Chrome Exhaust Turn-Downs

Bike MP3 Player

Kuryakyn Trailer Hitch

Kuryakyn Chrome Transmission Covers

Kuryakyn Chrome Battery Covers

Honda Passenger CB Push To Talk Control

Honda Deluxe Saddlebag/Trunk Mats Wig Wag Brake Modulator

everything works. The engine starts and idles like new. All of the buttons, audio, electronics and CB work perfectly. There are no unusual noises

in the transmission, engine or rear end. There are no fluid leaks of any kind. Color code is R325M (Candy Caliente Red). Many of the original parts are

boxed up. Honda Owner Manuals and original tool set are included.

So far, I already learned how to swap out the windshield. (RSV quicker). For me, I want a shorter windshield and may elect to cut that extra long one. ridden it about 90 miles since Friday. Takes some getting used to. I am already practicing U-turns and slow maneuverings. Need to take it to Rick Butler to lower it a tad. I am still having emotional ties to the RSV and since it has been sold to my NY brother, it'll remain in the family. If the GW doesn't work out, I know I can sell it and get something else. but I have always been wanting to own one and see for myself. I'll keep Y'all posted.

Very (VERY) clean looking ride you got there Barry. WOW.

It should bring you many happy miles.

Oh, hey, by the way, did you ever receive what I sent you?

Again, no hurry, just wanted to make sure you received them by now, and my offer still stands for you.

If you ever need any help with questions or any "how too's", give me a ring or email me. :thumbsup2:

Eck

Very (VERY) clean looking ride you got there Barry. WOW.

It should bring you many happy miles.

Oh, hey, by the way, did you ever receive what I sent you?

Again, no hurry, just wanted to make sure you received them by now, and my offer still stands for you.

If you ever need any help with questions or any "how too's", give me a ring or email me. :thumbsup2:

Eck

Eck,

thank you much for your assistance and expertise. yes, i received your item and it's being prepped to be sent to you. Very cool indeed. There is much to figure out and learn. i am spending time learning, but also want to burn daylight hours RIDING!!!

do not worry about me not reaching out for your help. trust me, you'll be getting plenty of questions very very soon !!:bighug:

Barry very nice indeed !!

I will mail the DVD's to you this week when I get back home we're at the Hub AR tonight

Be home sometime tomorrow ? LOL sorry for the delay

no worries. I have plenty to do around here, including making sure my wife stays positive through her situation...

Barry

looks great, can't wait to see it in person, you good.

I was looking a this blue 2012 http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-Honda-Gold-Wing-Audio-Comfort-112267461 this weekend myself, but we just had to put a new roof on the house, so not a lot of spare cash laying around at the moment, so new bike will have to wait.

Steve,

as you know I was back and forth on this since LAST year. it was not an easy decision, and was made worse when KC lost her job a day or so after. that said, I wont be rolling in dough anytime soon either. As for your GW interest, I must say, I believe you can and should do better with the pricing, especially since it is not even an ABS model. I think some on CL by me are selling same year for 12k...

the jury is still out on the bike as I have not done enough riding in various conditions and length to objectively assess. However, will be getting some riding time in over next 2-3 months to start to put the lens in focus...

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers:

AND I MEAN WOW,,!!

That is one gorgeous motorcycle Barry - CONGRATS BROTHER!!!

Showed the pictures of it to Tippy.. She says with all those buttons and controls and the gizmos you have listed,,,,, makes her wonder if it could be programmed to do housework and cook:rotf::rotf:...

We gotta meet your wife someday,, she sure sounds like a really great person Barry just like you!!

Congrats on both your blessings!!

Nice ride Barry. So very proud for you and you obviously know how to pick a GREAT wife! Hope you enjoy many many hours of riding on the GW. I hope you enjoy many many years with that great wife!

Hope things look up for you both really soon. Keeping you in my prayers.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers:

AND I MEAN WOW,,!!

That is one gorgeous motorcycle Barry - CONGRATS BROTHER!!!

Showed the pictures of it to Tippy.. She says with all those buttons and controls and the gizmos you have listed,,,,, makes her wonder if it could be programmed to do housework and cook:rotf::rotf:...

We gotta meet your wife someday,, she sure sounds like a really great person Barry just like you!!

Congrats on both your blessings!!

Puc,

I am VERY fortunate to be able to call Kristen my wife. Not only does she put up with my warped sense of humor, my NY verbal venom and my nonsense, she is a FANTASTIC human and is usually extremely well liked by everyone. Doesn't hurt she is easy on the eyes also. Many people look at her, then at me and say, " how'd you get her??" My reply is, I don't know, but I'm glad she's with me. Maybe I am just more than eye candy....

It was a toss up for me last august when I got the RSV. I was down to two choices both at tampabay powersports. between and ABS goldwing and RSV both with around 26K miles. Then I found the one I bought on Cycle trader the day I was going to the bank to get the funds for the one at the dealer. the one I bought had less miles (10k) and was $2K cheaper.

So more goodies on the bike.

well I hope to met up soon

walt

It was a toss up for me last august when I got the RSV. I was down to two choices both at tampabay powersports. between and ABS goldwing and RSV both with around 26K miles. Then I found the one I bought on Cycle trader the day I was going to the bank to get the funds for the one at the dealer. the one I bought had less miles (10k) and was $2K cheaper.

So more goodies on the bike.

well I hope to met up soon

walt

Walt,

There is nothing wrong with the RSV, and mine in particular was well cared for by me, and others thanks to these guys here on the site. I just wanted a few things the wing has. That aside, although people LOOOOVE the GW, it may or may not be the bike for me. Time will tell. I will say the RSV had me connect with so many great people and took me to states I normally wouldn't have gone to if it wasn't for the hospitality of VR crew. I rode the dragon, make full u turns 2 up, mountains and excessive T storms with the venture, not one issue. Starts every time, have learned a lot. I have not a bad thing to say about ventures, except the freaking cassette player....

I'll be watching your thread here, when I recently bought my 07 RSV the other bike I had my eye on was a 05 GW. In the short teast drive I had with both bikes the RSV seemed more intuitive after riding a cruiser for 7 years so I went with that.

But the GW was very nice too, so I'll be interested in your thoughts on it after you get some miles in since you actually spent some time on ther RSV (unlike most of the Review sites that do the VS comparisons where they ride them for a day).

OH and Great looking bike, and as everyone has said a awesome wife! :322:

Barry, give it time and you will find comfort on the wing. I too went from an RSV to a GW. When it was time to replace the RSV I just couldn't see buying another new bike with a 15 year old design. The RSV had better comfort due to the peg position. That can be mostly cured with some good highway pegs. The drivetrain performance and handling are far superior on the GW. Once you get used to the button placement everything is intuitive. It took me a while to get used to it but now 500 mile days are no problem.

Enjoy it.

Dennis