IGNORED

exhaust welding

Yes and No. I know not much help. Yes I would think a exhaust shop could fix & add a piece in there for you. Bad part is that pipe looks so rusted that I think your going to have the same type problem in the near future. Bead blasting may help see what it actually looks like. It may be that the rust is just scaled up badly and look like crap. Or it could actually be that bad. Try a wire brush and scraper to knock some of the excess off to see what you actually have there.

Go to your local muffler shop and get them to flair a peace of same size exhaust tubing to slide over the effected area and clamp it on where your pipe is still good. that may be a cost effective alternative. good luck.

Bill

I have a 99 Venture with Bubs slip-ons. The Y pipes got thin and "ripped" right where the muffler clamps on.

After pricing them on Bikebandit, for $600 each, I decided to weld a tube into the Y pipe and clamp the muffler to that. I'm not sure, but I think the tube may have been an adapter that came with the Bubs (I bought the bike used with the Bubs on it).

Skeeter