IGNORED

Trike ?

beltfed50

I have a friend who wants a trike...he rode years ago, but can't now, and badly wants to participate in PGR. He's asked me about whether the "training wheel" mod is really useful, or whether he should only consider a full conversion. He isn't likely to ride more than 3 or 4 thousand miles a year, and is hoping to figure out something that isn't $20,000+. I have never been on a trike or sidecar rig; any advice would be welcomed.

I bought my wife a 1994 Goldwing Motortrike for 10,000.00 (She loves it..) I don't know anything about the training wheel types out there, but it shouldn't be hard to find a good deal way below 20 grand...:cool10:

A real trike is sooo much better than training wheels! Trike conversions range from 6K to 15K to an existing bike, and the more expensive ones generally are better. That being said, there are more and more trikes out there for sale for a lot less than it cost to buy a bike and convert it. I bought my RSV new and triked it later with a Hannigan conversion and with safety chrome, etc I now have around $35,000 and it is an 09 with 22K miles on it...