IGNORED

WOW,, FANTASTIC day of work,, whistle "ur in the army now" b4 opening!!

cowpuc

This thing is absolutely amazing!! Actually,, the story behind this old Military Harley is even more amazing than the bike itself.. Tippy and I are both beat tired from a long hard day on the road again so if I write like I am groggy I apologize,, I am soooo geeked right now there is no way I can sleep so I thought I would get this thread started...

This is another estate bike from today.. The previous owner passed away at 90 years old last year.. He was a Veteran of WW2, had something to do with the flying B-29's (I think that what his son said - again,, longggg day) in the European Theater, I think it was 43 till wars end.. This was his baby that he loved, took care of, rode many miles on.. Its in all its original glory (except for having been painted at least twice by the sons father).. Its a 1942 WLA 45", still in 6 volt electrical, stock tank shift and foot clutch,,,, I cant hardly type this I am still so shocked that the day went like it did..

Someone on here may recognize the numbering on the front fender,, this represents who the gentleman served with during his time in Europe..

The son (exectutor of the estate) who I aquired the bike, like his Dad, is also a Veteran and he served in Vietnam. He and his wife are the nicest people a person could ever meet.. George (son) shared some of the most heart wrenching stories imaginable about his time in Southeast Asia..

George is sending me a "history" of his Dad, the bike with pictures (and hopefully some video).. Incredible,, just flat incredible day.. It was an HONOR to meet these people and an HONOR to aquire this old war machine..

We got home really late and these shots are the best I could do.. I will post more up in the near future and update the info when I receive it... Tell ya what guys,, I cried in Georges garage while listening to tales of his dad and his bike... What an honor..

On the way home, Tippy commented that she had never seen me like this around any other bike I have ever owned... I told her that this particular bike, because of its service to our country in Europe and Georges Dads service connected with it just seemed to give it soul like I have never known.. I said,, ya know honey,,, I feel like no one can really "own" a machine like this,, its true owners are found in the hearts of the men and women who served in that God awful mess.. In tears, Tippy said,,,, yea,, I get that...

WOW,, what a day...

Puc

DSCN3169.JPG

DSCN3174.JPG

DSCN3177.JPG

I hate you,................... I am so jealous that you seem to find all the great barn finds:bang head:.........Not, really, I'm happy for you:thumbsup2:............... Great bike, Great history and you are the perfect character to keep the history alive.... To Honor the Bike, the man and the service of both.:bluesbrother:

I have a plastic model about 12 inches long of that one on my desk. I will let the grandkids hold it while watching very closely. That one is something Puc. I could go back to Hardley on that. A couple of the bigger Ammo can instead of the leather bags??

Amazing Puc............. So glad you have the bike. I know you will honor the machine, and the history of the people who have been involved with it

Thanks Annie!! I do and will!! And you KNOW that when I am riding this bike it touches my heart thinking of the stories it could tell.. I ride it with total respect and admiration of all those who have served, are serving and will do so in the future.. I had a Vietnam Vet stop me today at a gas station while I was on it. He told me he was a Vet too, I immediately told him that I had not served, that I was simply a VERY patriotic motorcycle guy who was blessed with honoring all our Service guys by riding (instead of seeing it go to a collector) this old war machine, than I thank him for his service to our country..

Have also already been asked about a local story in a news paper.. I told them that I would love to BUT only if they focus on the bikes history, previous owners WW2 military service and didnt mention my name.. I also told them that I would only go there with permission from the previous owners (deceased) family..

I have a plastic model about 12 inches long of that one on my desk. I will let the grandkids hold it while watching very closely. That one is something Puc. I could go back to Hardley on that. A couple of the bigger Ammo can instead of the leather bags??

Actually these are issued bags Dan and I really dont wanna change anything on it.. It does have a little ammo can on the front for those Tommy Gun cartriges.. I agree though,, it would look bad to the bone with a couple ammo cans for the back..

Hey,, I had to do a brake job on my daughters car today.. Box of rear brake shoes for a 94 Civic fits perfectly in that front ammo box:cool10:

Gonna get a ride a video up pretty soon,, just gotta get this foot clutch learning curve a little under my belt:backinmyday:

Puc,

What a great bike and it has been said we all know you will respect and honor the history of it.

How you and Tippy find these amazing machines, I guess that is a question we all wonder.

Thank you very much for letting us share in your finds and adventures.

Mike.

Puc,

What a great bike and it has been said we all know you will respect and honor the history of it.

How you and Tippy find these amazing machines, I guess that is a question we all wonder.

Thank you very much for letting us share in your finds and adventures.

Mike.

Stick

THANK YOU for the compliments!! Right on on the respect,, was watching a guy on you tube do a burn out on a bike very simular to mine,, made me wanna puke... Not that I dont do my share of wheelies, burn outs (got a real nice 115 footer from one of my 1st Gens) , busting brush, trail riding,, laughin when I fall over and on and on BUT not on this... This IS totally different with a totally different soul....

Internets been very good to me, I shop Craigs A LOT - use Adhuntr,, use Ebay some (still mad at em for kicking me off for selling BB Guns (cost me a year of sales during high dollar days with Ebay - freezing my Paypal account - now they allow BB Guns Sales - wont sell with em but have bought a few bikes out from under em.. Do a LOT of person to person,, hear about something and dont wait to check it out..

The ones that get me are the ones that get away,, just missed a Venture Trike we were gonna due up for a friend, also just missed a 72 Benelli Tornado for a grand, a pair of A2 Kawi's for a grand (6500 dollars of bikes there) and on and on.. Just gotta "stick" with it Stick..

Other than that,, I am a VERY VERY blessed man who loves what he does...:backinmyday:

Thanks Annie!! I do and will!! And you KNOW that when I am riding this bike it touches my heart thinking of the stories it could tell.. I ride it with total respect and admiration of all those who have served, are serving and will do so in the future.. I had a Vietnam Vet stop me today at a gas station while I was on it. He told me he was a Vet too, I immediately told him that I had not served, that I was simply a VERY patriotic motorcycle guy who was blessed with honoring all our Service guys by riding (instead of seeing it go to a collector) this old war machine, than I thank him for his service to our country..

Have also already been asked about a local story in a news paper.. I told them that I would love to BUT only if they focus on the bikes history, previous owners WW2 military service and didnt mention my name.. I also told them that I would only go there with permission from the previous owners (deceased) family..

Actually these are issued bags Dan and I really dont wanna change anything on it.. It does have a little ammo can on the front for those Tommy Gun cartriges.. I agree though,, it would look bad to the bone with a couple ammo cans for the back..

Hey,, I had to do a brake job on my daughters car today.. Box of rear brake shoes for a 94 Civic fits perfectly in that front ammo box:cool10:

Gonna get a ride a video up pretty soon,, just gotta get this foot clutch learning curve a little under my belt:backinmyday:

I agree!! Thought they were add-ons. The ammo cans would look good but I would leave it as issued.

Did you get the scabbard and Garrand with it for the right hand fork leg? :whistling: If you did, I have some tracer rounds to light your way :cool10:

Got the Scabbard,, also got a "fake" Hollywood prop Tommy Gun for it..

Hmmmmmm,,, Got an old 06 deer rifle layin around here somewhere Raggy,,, wonder if the DNR would mind if I got those tracers from ya, mounted my deer rifle on the handlebars and went rabbit hunting at night around here...:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Got the Scabbard,, also got a "fake" Hollywood prop Tommy Gun for it..

Hmmmmmm,,, Got an old 06 deer rifle layin around here somewhere Raggy,,, wonder if the DNR would mind if I got those tracers from ya, mounted my deer rifle on the handlebars and went rabbit hunting at night around here...:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

A few years back I had a camper and old pick-up truck parked on a hunting lease. To save on gas money by not driving the truck back and forth from the house, I rode the first gen to the lease with a rifle in scabbard strapped to the bike.

One Saturday, along the way near Athens, Georgia there was a Boss-Hoss dealership that was having some kind of event. I pulled in to check it out. I was somewhat embarrased when a crowd of 200 people stopped to stare and point when I hop of the bike in camo with a high powered rifle strapped to the ride.

Guest Bluestreak
You need the Captain America suit and you'll be all set.

:322:

Here is a costume my daughter made for herself with materials she already had. I'm sure you could get someone to make you a Captain Am costume cheap. Not sure how much material you would need...:rotf:

A few years back I had a camper and old pick-up truck parked on a hunting lease. To save on gas money by not driving the truck back and forth from the house, I rode the first gen to the lease with a rifle in scabbard strapped to the bike.

One Saturday, along the way near Athens, Georgia there was a Boss-Hoss dealership that was having some kind of event. I pulled in to check it out. I was somewhat embarrased when a crowd of 200 people stopped to stare and point when I hop of the bike in camo with a high powered rifle strapped to the ride.

My kinda guy Mr. DragonSlayer,, that is foooo shooo... Pretty cool cause most ah dem dare Boss Hossin dudes are pretty hard to get to gawk at anything that dont have a 500 horse V-8 in it,,, once again,, our Dragon Slayer found a way :rotf::rotf:

Hey Puc,

Are you sure you and Tippy don't want to move down here to the sunny South where it don't snow all year. You know how pretty it is in North Georgia in the Spring. I need more friends like you to hang around and go barn shopping with.

Think about it.

Actually Bob,, we have been thinkin bout it for a couple years now,, appreciate the idea and I KNOW you and I would be greeeeeaaaat friends (an trouble) BUT we are probably gonna end up somewhere out in the dry, warm, desert region - this arthritis is killing me,, besides,, kids are in Sacremento,,, cant say ol Cowpuc is ready to put up I-5 traffic BUT, on the other side of the mountains,,, Nevada/Utah - ohhhhh yea....

You need the Captain America suit and you'll be all set.

:322:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Here is a costume my daughter made for herself with materials she already had. I'm sure you could get someone to make you a Captain Am costume cheap. Not sure how much material you would need...:rotf:

Thats AWESOME Bluestreak,, your daughter has some REAL talent...:thumbsup2: